Finding "the pee spot"

Old August 6th 03, 04:02 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Sherry " wrote in message
do it the old fashioned
way, on your hands and knees sniffing for the smell. :-)

Blech. I hope I'm never reduced to this.

ROFL! Somewhere between all the health problems and surgeries I have had,

have completely lost my sense of smell. I realized this when I was loving

on
the dog, and my DH walked up and started gagging and informed he had

rolled in
a dead skunk. So now I am *completely and utterly* paranoid about odor in

the
house.

Sherry

Hey, another one! ;-) I lost my sense of smell a couple of Christmases ago,
when I had a whopping great cold. I didn't realize it till a couple of
weeks later when I was in Body & Bath, shopping for my niece's b'day, &
couldn't smell *anything* when I opened 2 of the bottles! Went home &
sniffed vinegar & bleach - nothing at all. Went to an ENT, who checked to
make sure nothing awful - like a brain tumor - was causing it, then he sent
me to a sensory clinic. Got tested for it - tons & tons of samples tested;
~80% gone. A *little* more has returned in the last year or so (I was told
that if it's going to return, it'll do so within two years; after that it's
probably a lost cause), but what I do have is mostly aberrant. I used to
love the smell of beebalm/monarda, for example, which grows in my garden -
but now it smells icky. Can't smell most bad stuff at all, but can't smell
most good stuff, either: lilies & roses, newly-cut grass, for example -
nada. Btw - I can smell skunk just a little - barely a whiff - but it has
a faintly sweet odor now. Not recognizable as "skunk", at all. I just hope
to heaven my garbage doesn't get stinky before garbage night each week -
could be embarrassing visitors, 'cause I'd never know it!

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old August 6th 03, 05:18 PM
Sherry

Hey, another one! ;-) I lost my sense of smell a couple of Christmases ago,
when I had a whopping great cold. I didn't realize it till a couple of
weeks later when I was in Body & Bath, shopping for my niece's b'day, &
couldn't smell *anything* when I opened 2 of the bottles! Went home &
sniffed vinegar & bleach -

Did that too! I went in the house, opened bleach, Pine-Sol, perfume,
aftershave, nothing. It's really creepy and sort of depressing. I hope the
house never catches on fire or I never forget and leave a pan on the stove. I
can just see DH coming home and finding he happily watching TV or something in
a cloud of smoke.

Sherry

Old August 6th 03, 05:20 PM
Jennifer Thompson

Thanks for your help everybody.

So, where do I go about finding a black light to locate the urine spot? Is it a
specific type of lamp, or can I just buy a blacklight light bulb and use that?

I have already tried the "get down on my hands and knees and sniff around"
method. I still can't find it.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

Old August 6th 03, 05:52 PM
Bill

"Jennifer Thompson" wrote in message
Thanks for your help everybody.

So, where do I go about finding a black light to locate the urine spot?

Is it a
specific type of lamp, or can I just buy a blacklight light bulb and use

that?

I have already tried the "get down on my hands and knees and sniff around"
method. I still can't find it.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

I know Petsmart has the black light ("stink finder"). Other pet supply
stores probably have it as well, but any black light will do. Spencer's
Gifts probably has them.

Bill