Kitten status - day 4

Old November 2nd 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Kitten status - day 4

They're doing better today! I didn't see any diarrhea in the
cage last night, and none this morning, either. There were a couple
of stools in the litterbox that seemed a bit more solid, although I
didn't take a really close look. Both of them had clean butts and they
were in high spirits.

I'm now feeding them just one kind of cat food - Wellness kitten food,
mixed with a bit of pumpkin. No kitten milk, no kibble. Jackie, the
rescue group member I've been talking to, told me I should simplify
their diet and give them the same thing every meal, to stabilize them.
It seems to be working.

Jackie also said that she would get me some antibiotics for coccidia,
but maybe that won't be necessary. They're going to be wormed this
weekend.

Meanwhile, when I let them out of the cage this morning, I allowed
them to wander all over my bed (prior to this, I kept them restricted
to a large towel I had placed on the bed). Of course, one of them
went promptly to the edge, slipped down to the floor, and stumbled
into the World Under the Bed. I managed to fish her out, then I put
pillows and clothes, and whatever else I could find to block the edges
of the bed. They had a great time stomping all over the place and
getting to run around a bit.

These kittens are really sweet and sociable and they crave attention
and physical contact. Every time I take them out of the cage, they
climb on me, purring their heads off. I don't think they'll have any
trouble finding homes, once they go up for adoption. But first they
have to reach 2 pounds in weight (just under 1 kg). They can't be
neutered until they reach that weight and they won't be put up for
adoption until after they're neutered, vaccinated, wormed, etc. I
don't know why I said I might have these kittens for a few months,
though - it will probably be more like 2-3 weeks.

(BTW, I've been calling the girl kitty "Dora" after Dora the Explorer.
She's the one who wants to see the world, the one who tried to go
spelunking under my bed. I started calling the boy "Mama's Boy" because
he often runs up to me for reassurance when they're playing, and he's
generally not quite as bold as his sister. He's very affectionate,
though. They both are.)

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown
Old November 2nd 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
[...]

I'm so glad to hear they're doing better. Yes, I'm sure they'll find good
homes.

Joy

Old November 3rd 11, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

wrote in message
They're doing better today!
(BTW, I've been calling the girl kitty "Dora" after Dora the
Explorer...)

Well, if you've named her, she's a keeper :-)

--
MatSav

Old November 4th 11, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like they are doing very well! And very cute, too. Thank you for
taking them in for this brief time.

Jill

Old November 4th 11, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

FYI Your posts are the only ones that have appeared today.
Best of luck in solving your problem MLB
Old November 4th 11, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
FYI Your posts are the only ones that have appeared today.
Best of luck in solving your problem MLB

Who are you talking to? You replied to me but didn't quote anything.

Jill

Old November 4th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 11/03/2011 11:51 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
FYI Your posts are the only ones that have appeared today.
Best of luck in solving your problem MLB

Who are you talking to? You replied to me but didn't quote anything.

Jill

Replying to you Jill. I placed it at the bottom of your message and
that is the best I can do. There were 4 messages this AM . I have had
telephone line toubles -- still do- and am not very "computer savy.
But, nobody is perfect., MLB