Foster babies - Pictures!!

Old November 5th 11, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Foster babies - Pictures!!

Here are the promised pictures of my two foster kittens (who I have
provisionally named "Dora" and "Mama's Boy"). My friend Stef came over
last weekend and snapped these while I played with them.

Enjoy!

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/anim...bykittens.html

--
Joyce
Old November 5th 11, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On 05 Nov 2011 04:11:29 GMT, wrote:
Here are the promised pictures of my two foster kittens (who I have
provisionally named "Dora" and "Mama's Boy"). My friend Stef came over
last weekend and snapped these while I played with them.

Enjoy!

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/anim...bykittens.html

What wonderful fuzzy kittens! I cannot tell these two apart. Did
your friend get to play with them too?
Old November 5th 11, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 11/04/2011 10:11 PM, wrote:
Here are the promised pictures of my two foster kittens (who I have
provisionally named "Dora" and "Mama's Boy"). My friend Stef came over
last weekend and snapped these while I played with them.

Enjoy!

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/anim...bykittens.html

They are so adorable -- real "Angel Babies". They look healthy and
happy. Best wishes. MLB
Old November 5th 11, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

On 05 Nov 2011 04:11:29 GMT, wrote:
Here are the promised pictures of my two foster kittens (who I have
provisionally named "Dora" and "Mama's Boy"). My friend Stef came over
last weekend and snapped these while I played with them.

Enjoy!

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/anim...bykittens.html

What wonderful fuzzy kittens! I cannot tell these two apart. Did
your friend get to play with them too?

I know what you mean - I sometimes confuse them, too. Then I have to
look carefully for identifying traits - he has darker stripes in back,
whereas her body fur is lighter and also fluffier. But her face is
darker than his. Not by much, but if I see them together I can tell
them apart. Also, there's something about their facial expressions
that's different - she just has a bolder look. She's more curious and
confident. He's curious, too, but often what he wants is cuddling and
reassurance.

Yes, we both played with them, after Stef's photographer duties were
finished.

--
Joyce

If an animal does something, they call it instinct. If we do exactly
the same thing for the same reason, they call it intelligence.
-- Will Cuppy

Old November 5th 11, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

On 05 Nov 2011 08:33:43 GMT, wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
What wonderful fuzzy kittens! I cannot tell these two apart. Did
your friend get to play with them too?

I know what you mean - I sometimes confuse them, too. Then I have to
look carefully for identifying traits - he has darker stripes in back,
whereas her body fur is lighter and also fluffier. But her face is
darker than his. Not by much, but if I see them together I can tell
them apart. Also, there's something about their facial expressions
that's different - she just has a bolder look. She's more curious and
confident. He's curious, too, but often what he wants is cuddling and
reassurance.

Yes, we both played with them, after Stef's photographer duties were
finished.

Which kitten is the one with the front toegloves? I think those
mittens will stand out even clearer as they grow older. That's the
only way I can reliably tell them apart in the photos.

They look like they're being very well socialized. Maybe they can
eventually meet the grown-up cats as well.

I usually let them out of the cage when I'm in my bedroom (otherwise
they scream like you wouldn't believe - they are part Siamese, after
all). An then when I try to leave the bedroom, at least one of them
gets out. I've discovered that it's actually harder to control where
kittens go than adult cats. With adults, there's more surface area to
push against when trying to restrain them. Kittens just slip through
my feet before I even know they're there.

So today, one of them got out as I was leaving the bedroom. I think
it was Dora. She ran straight up to Licky and sniffed his nose curiously.
He just stood there, either transfixed or terrified or just baffled.
I went into the kitchen to do something for a second, and when I came
back I found Dora snarfing down Licky's food. No, no, no! You can't
have that, kitty! It'll make you sick. So I tossed her back into the
bedroom with chunks of grownup cat food dangling from her mouth. Meanwhile,
Licky was standing a ways from the bedroom door, crouching in alarm.
Poor boy. But I think he's going to adjust - there was no hissing this
time.

It's so funny how adult cats, who weigh about 12 times as much as the
kittens, are afraid of them, but the kittens are fearless.

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old November 6th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On 05 Nov 2011 19:37:05 GMT, wrote:
[...]

Dora sounds uber adaptable and adoptable and adorable. It would be an
unexpected but very interesting development if one of the cats take
the kittens under their wing.
Old November 6th 11, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_8_]

On 11/5/2011 12:11 AM, wrote:
Here are the promised pictures of my two foster kittens (who I have
provisionally named "Dora" and "Mama's Boy"). My friend Stef came over
last weekend and snapped these while I played with them.

Enjoy!

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/anim...bykittens.html

OMG they are so totally cute! Their markings are lovely, the perfect mix
of Siamese and tabby. I hope they can be adopted together.

have ti get rid of my a babies : ( ensoul[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 0 August 16th 09 01:26 PM
New babies!! Jane Cat anecdotes 6 March 26th 09 12:55 AM
My four babies! John Cat anecdotes 8 November 13th 05 12:59 AM
New babies Aimee S Cat rescue 4 June 2nd 04 02:23 AM
my babies. tracy Cats - misc 6 May 24th 04 02:23 PM