Cat comforts baby

Old December 19th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M[_2_]

Default Cat comforts baby

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:36:59 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to get rid
of the husband!

And the mother.
Old December 19th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
Here's a cute video of a cat and a baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PWXigjFm4TM

--
Joy

Peace on earth; good will to all!

While I was at the hospital giving birth. My mother had my husband get rid
of my cat. She told him cats suffocate newborns. When I came home a week
later, I was devastated to find her gone.

I'd have had a very hard time forgiving either of them.

Joy

Old December 19th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan M wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:36:59 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to get rid
of the husband!

And the mother.

Mothers are a little harder to get rid of.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old December 20th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 19, 6:53*pm, wrote:
Dan M wrote:

* On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:36:59 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

* What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to get rid
* of the husband!

* And the mother.

Mothers are a little harder to get rid of. :

Guys who do that sort of thing aren't sentimental. Husband, mother-in-
law, same price. You could get a special price for the pair.

--
Will in New Haven
Old December 20th 11, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Dec 19, 6:53 pm, wrote:
Dan M wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:36:59 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to get rid
of the husband!

And the mother.

Mothers are a little harder to get rid of. :

Guys who do that sort of thing aren't sentimental. Husband, mother-in-
law, same price. You could get a special price for the pair.

Except it was /her/ mother, not the husband's. That is indeed harder
to get rid of. And I'm feeling for the guy - he got caught between a
rock and a hard place. Was he supposed to make a stand against his MIL?

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*
Old December 20th 11, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/19/2011 7:46 PM, Patok wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:
On Dec 19, 6:53 pm, wrote:
Dan M wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:36:59 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to
get rid
of the husband!

And the mother.

Mothers are a little harder to get rid of. :

Guys who do that sort of thing aren't sentimental. Husband, mother-in-
law, same price. You could get a special price for the pair.

Except it was /her/ mother, not the husband's. That is indeed harder to
get rid of. And I'm feeling for the guy - he got caught between a rock
and a hard place. Was he supposed to make a stand against his MIL?

Ben would have... if only because he'd know he'd be out on the curb
quicker than the cats if he ever thought of doing such a thing! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old December 20th 11, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Patok wrote:

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Dec 19, 6:53 pm, wrote:
Dan M wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:36:59 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to get rid
of the husband!

And the mother.

Mothers are a little harder to get rid of. :

Guys who do that sort of thing aren't sentimental. Husband, mother-in-
law, same price. You could get a special price for the pair.

Except it was /her/ mother, not the husband's. That is indeed harder
to get rid of. And I'm feeling for the guy - he got caught between a
rock and a hard place. Was he supposed to make a stand against his MIL?

Wimp! Seriously, what a lousy thing to do to his own wife. Even if
her mother was superstitious, shouldn't he have known better? That thing
about cats stealing babies' breath is such an... old mother-in-law's tale.

--
Joyce

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln
Old December 20th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
Here's a cute video of a cat and a baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PWXigjFm4TM

--
Joy

Peace on earth; good will to all!

While I was at the hospital giving birth. My mother had my husband get
rid
of my cat. She told him cats suffocate newborns. When I came home a week
later, I was devastated to find her gone.

What a terrible and ignorant thing to do. I would have wanted to get rid
of
the husband!

--
Joyce

I'd have gotten rid of the husband, too! I remember when Persia first came
to live with me (she just barged right in) I had a neighbor with a 3 year
old son. Persia would sit in the window waiting for me to come home from
work. This neighbor said her son loved watching the kitty in the window.
But she was pregnant and said, "We can't have a cat because it will smother
the baby". What a friggin old wives tale! And hey, if you're so worried
about it, close the door to the nursery. There's such a thing as baby
monitors. Use them.

Jill

Old December 21st 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

That thing about cats stealing babies' breath is such an... old
mother-in-law's tale.

I've heard of that belief but never met anybody who actually believed
it, or even heard of anyone personally second-hand. But it seems to
be still very much alive in the US, from what I read here. Weird.

Old December 21st 11, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:39:48 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I still see stuff from people giving away cats because they have a new
baby. I've also read that kids are less likely to have allergies if
they grow up in a home with pets.

Ultraviolet - Light my way baby baby baby Linus Brown Cat health & behaviour 2 April 7th 10 11:27 AM
Deer comforts cat Karen Cat anecdotes 3 June 19th 06 09:09 PM
Cat Comforts Grieving Orangutan at Zoo [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 March 10th 06 03:08 PM
Cat Comforts Grieving Orangutan at Zoo Charlie Wilkes Cat health & behaviour 0 March 10th 06 10:56 AM
Cat Comforts Grieving Orangutan In Panama City Beach Zoo Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 5 March 10th 06 07:24 AM