Ot something for our down under folks

Old January 10th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Ot something for our down under folks

I suspect Taxonomy has moved on somewhat since I had my
book-learning, so a Google search could help...

In "The Analytical Language of John Wilkins," Jorge Luis Borges
describes 'a certain Chinese Encyclopedia,' the Celestial Emporium
of Benevolent Knowledge, in which it is written that animals are
divided into:

1. those that belong to the Emperor,
2. embalmed ones,
3. those that are trained,
4. suckling pigs,
5. mermaids,
6. fabulous ones,
7. stray dogs,
8. those included in the present classification,
9. those that tremble as if they were mad,
10. innumerable ones,
11. those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush,
12. others,
13. those that have just broken a flower vase,
14. those that from a long way off look like flies.

Old January 10th 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jan 10, 2:10*am, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

Are cats 6 or 13?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 10th 12, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

g.com...
Crocodile invites self into Australian home
Sunday, January 8, 2012
CANBERRA, Australia --
Wildlife rangers have helped an Australian family deal with an uninvited
guest: a 5-foot-6-inch (1.7-meter) crocodile that wandered into their
living room.

(snippage and YIKES!)

Not so different from the phone call I got last year from my neighbor (owned
by pretty black kitties Schwartzie & Fedders): "Did you know there's an
alligator in your back yard?" Sure enough, I looked out the window, there
was a 5 foot alligator in my back yard. Hmmm, can't leave that there. LOL

I felt sorry for the security guard who was sent down with a pole with a
loop on the end and was expected to wrangle this thing. It started trying
to roll (like the crocodiles do in the old Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan films).
It was a young alligator but it probably weighed close to 200 pounds. She
had to drag it between our houses, across the street, behind another house
to a pond. The whole time this thing was putting up a fight.

Aside: this is why it bothers me my neighbor lets her cats go outside.
There are all kinds of threats here, including alligators.

Jill

Old January 10th 12, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_4_]

"Matthew" wrote in

Sunday, January 8, 2012
CANBERRA, Australia --
Wildlife rangers have helped an Australian family deal with an
uninvited guest: a 5-foot-6-inch (1.7-meter) crocodile that wandered
into their living room.

The juvenile sal****er crocodile wandered into a home in Bees Creek, a
suburb of the northern Australian city of Darwin. Australian
Broadcasting Corp. reported that the family found it in a partially
enclosed living area Saturday morning after their dog's barking woke
them.

Resident Jo Dodd describes the encounter as "a very surreal moment"
and "the most freakiest thing." She suspects the croc might been
stalking the dog.

Crocodile management official Dani Best told ABC the croc might have
been forced out of a nearby creek by a larger croc. The intruder has
been relocated to a crocodile farm.

Pew!!!
Around my neighbourhood we only have crocks of the human type....
Old January 10th 12, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

Joy wrote:
"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

And 8, obviously.

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*

UK Folks OK? Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 November 19th 09 09:39 AM
Hello folks ;o).... Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 11 November 2nd 05 04:12 AM
but seriously folks! whitershadeofpale Cat health & behaviour 6 October 28th 05 02:55 PM
But seriously, folks... jmcquown Cat anecdotes 36 July 4th 04 05:57 AM