From 2 rooms away

Old March 23rd 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default From 2 rooms away

Just a moment ago I hear one of the loudest growls I have ever heard from a
cat. I heard it and went WTF what cat is that I know all there voices. I
thought an outside cat got into the Florida room.

I turn the corner to see Jammer standing his ground against Rumble. First
thought was oh boy top alpha time than the growl happened again it was
jammer. He has never ever growled or hissed at all since we rescued him. I
noticed that the little devil had a lizard and was telling Rumble this is
mine stay away. He tried to get away from me but I got him and got him to
release. He dropped it in my hand and began chirping at me. I said good
job mighty hunter but these will make you sick big time

He is laying on my desk enjoying the scritches still chirping at me. Time
for a snack for the mighty hunter

Still can't believe that such a loud sound came from any cat

Old March 23rd 12, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 03/23/2012 02:39 PM, Matthew wrote:
Just a moment ago I hear one of the loudest growls I have ever heard from a
cat. I heard it and went WTF what cat is that I know all there voices. I
thought an outside cat got into the Florida room.

I turn the corner to see Jammer standing his ground against Rumble. First
thought was oh boy top alpha time than the growl happened again it was
jammer. He has never ever growled or hissed at all since we rescued him. I
noticed that the little devil had a lizard and was telling Rumble this is
mine stay away. He tried to get away from me but I got him and got him to
release. He dropped it in my hand and began chirping at me. I said good
job mighty hunter but these will make you sick big time

He is laying on my desk enjoying the scritches still chirping at me. Time
for a snack for the mighty hunter

Still can't believe that such a loud sound came from any cat

+++++++++++

Just wondering about lizards. Are they toxic to all predators?
Can larger birds eat them? MLB
Old March 23rd 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

they can eat them but in the past most of my cats end up puking them up

and I have ate iguana when I was out of the county years ago

Old March 23rd 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

MLB wrote:
On 03/23/2012 02:39 PM, Matthew wrote:

noticed that the little devil had a lizard and was telling Rumble this is
mine stay away. He tried to get away from me but I got him and got
him to
release. He dropped it in my hand and began chirping at me. I said good
job mighty hunter but these will make you sick big time

Just wondering about lizards. Are they toxic to all predators?
Can larger birds eat them? MLB

They are not toxic to anything, and everybody *does* eat them. It is not a
good idea to let the kitties eat them, though, because they can carry nasty
parasites that can indeed make the kitties very sick or kill them.
(There *are* two species of lizard that are venomous - like snakes - and can
bite. They are the Gila monster and the Mexican beaded lizard. But none has
toxic flesh. For example, I hear that iguana is very good when cooked - tastes
like chicken. )

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*
Old March 23rd 12, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
Just a moment ago I hear one of the loudest growls I have ever heard from
a cat. I heard it and went WTF what cat is that I know all there
voices. I thought an outside cat got into the Florida room.

I turn the corner to see Jammer standing his ground against Rumble. First
thought was oh boy top alpha time than the growl happened again it was
jammer. He has never ever growled or hissed at all since we rescued him.
I noticed that the little devil had a lizard and was telling Rumble this
is mine stay away. He tried to get away from me but I got him and got him
to release. He dropped it in my hand and began chirping at me. I said
good job mighty hunter but these will make you sick big time

He is laying on my desk enjoying the scritches still chirping at me. Time
for a snack for the mighty hunter

Still can't believe that such a loud sound came from any cat

That lizard must have been *really* important to him!

Joy

Old March 24th 12, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

I guess it depends on the lizard. There are two types of lizards common
here in South Carolina. Small green anoles, which only get to be about 5
inches long head to tail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_anole

Anoles are just plain cute Persia chatters at them when she sees them
climbing up the window screens. Then there are skinks. Skinks are much
larger and are said to be poisonous... which isn't true. But they do bite
and they have teeth! I don't think a cat would want to mess with one.

Jill

Old March 24th 12, 11:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 24/03/2012 3:50 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

OOOH! Those anoles are adorable! They look like the Queensland geckos
(also cute - and cheeky!)

We occasionally get a skink in the loungeroom or kitchen (I have no idea
how they get in). I think they're cute too - ours are so small they fit
in my hand and they've never bitten me as I've rescued them from two
curious kitties and an overenthusiastic dog.

These are our skinks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Garden_Skink

They're not usually more than 3" long - and they're very cute too!

Yowie

Old March 24th 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
[...]

I think just about all small lizards are cute. Frill-neck lizards, OTOH,
.... VBG

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...+necked+lizard

Joy

Old March 24th 12, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

MLB wrote:
[...]

I never heard of them being "toxic" AT All! My cats in California used
to bring them home all the time, and presumably eat them, since I often
found only PARTIAL lizards in the house. (I know some lizards, when
attacked, shed their tails and grow new ones, but I used to find more
than just tails.)
Old March 24th 12, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

MLB wrote:
[...]

There are many different kinds of lizards. It is quite possible that some
of them are toxic. It is probable that some of them will upset the
digestive systems of some cats.

Joy