I'm having trouble getting through.

Old April 13th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default I'm having trouble getting through.

Hello Kitties,
I am having trouble getting my messages on the group today. My ISP has
a Usenet server that seems unwilling to accept my password which
usually goes automatically without my even noticing. I know the
password is valid, and no the caps lock is not on, but it keeps getting
rejected. I'll try some other way.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old April 14th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Sunday 13 April 2008 13:04, Fred Williams wrote:

Hello Kitties,
I am having trouble getting my messages on the group today.
My ISP has
a Usenet server that seems unwilling to accept my password which
usually goes automatically without my even noticing. I know the
password is valid, and no the caps lock is not on, but it keeps
getting
rejected. I'll try some other way.

It's getting worse. Strangely enough, if I don't enter a password,
(which it is supposed to store on my machine) sometimes it gets through
and works. Just this time, I had to click "OK" on the password box
about 20 times without entering the password and eventually it worked.
Why wouldn't it work about 19 times in a row and then suddenly work?
Computers are funny sometimes.
If someone is trying to hack my password and then spoof as me later,
that might explain it, but ... well anyway watch my posts and see if it
really sounds like me in the future. You never know these days.

Old April 14th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Tabitha Fluffytail

It's getting worse. Strangely enough, if I don't enter a password,
(which it is supposed to store on my machine) sometimes it gets through
and works. Just this time, I had to click "OK" on the password box
about 20 times without entering the password and eventually it worked.
Why wouldn't it work about 19 times in a row and then suddenly work?
Computers are funny sometimes.
If someone is trying to hack my password and then spoof as me later,
that might explain it, but ... well anyway watch my posts and see if it
really sounds like me in the future. You never know these days.

Unka Fred, is your e-mail address in the header correct? Mine Paw is
sending you a e-mail bout your Usenet problem.

Tabitha
Old April 14th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

On Sunday 13 April 2008 20:06, Tabitha Fluffytail wrote:

It's getting worse. Strangely enough, if I don't enter a
password,
(which it is supposed to store on my machine) sometimes it gets
through
and works. Just this time, I had to click "OK" on the password box
about 20 times without entering the password and eventually it
worked. Why wouldn't it work about 19 times in a row and then
suddenly work? Computers are funny sometimes.
If someone is trying to hack my password and then spoof as me
later,
that might explain it, but ... well anyway watch my posts and see if
it
really sounds like me in the future. You never know these days.

Unka Fred, is your e-mail address in the header correct? Mine Paw is
sending you a e-mail bout your Usenet problem.

Tabitha

I believe I got it. Thnank-you Ah, what you can do for my email
address is take "fred" and then put the at sign and then write my whole
name as one word "fredwilliams" then follow it with a dot "ca"
Alternatively you can go to the website below and up a level to the
main page then link to my resume at the top and my full contact info is
there, but remember I move next Saturday, the 19th. Don't expect me to
post that day nor Fiday night either.
Sorry for rambling on.

Old April 14th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Unka Fred, wat mine meowmee duz wen dat sine-in stuff hapinz,
is she punishez da router an pooter by toinink dem off furra feuw
minitz.
Den hur pootz da routerz tayle bak in...den waykez up da pooter
by punchin it in da bellee button. It yuzyuallee woikz den.

HTH
--
Pitô.ônya

Old April 14th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hihi diz iz O T and gramby iz laffink bout punchin it in itz belle button.
I didn't kno puterz had dem.

Old April 14th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Think "reset" button. Thank-you Pi2nya, but I don't think that's my
problem. I'm talking to the ISP guy when he gets in this morning.

Fred

Old April 14th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

I got through OK for a while this morning and then got locked out
again. A call to the ISP revealed that they have changed their news
server address. Most ISP's link to a different usenet server and he
said it probably all went to the same place, but they gave me a new
address and told me that they are not using authentication and so if I
deselect that in my setup it should work fine, and it is. I know they
gave me a different address before, for the news server. What I don't
know is why my system thought it had to provide a password all of a
sudden. I never changed that it just started asking me for a password
and I kept giving it and getting no where.
Anyway I'm back now and everything is working fine again.

Fred