I'm having trouble getting through.

Old April 15th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Default I'm having trouble getting through.

Now that you say that, I remember having the exact same problem on
earthlink, twice.

Julie

Fred Williams wrote:
I got through OK for a while this morning and then got locked out
again. A call to the ISP revealed that they have changed their news
server address. Most ISP's link to a different usenet server and he
said it probably all went to the same place, but they gave me a new
address and told me that they are not using authentication and so if I
deselect that in my setup it should work fine, and it is. I know they
gave me a different address before, for the news server. What I don't
know is why my system thought it had to provide a password all of a
sudden. I never changed that it just started asking me for a password
and I kept giving it and getting no where.
Anyway I'm back now and everything is working fine again.

Fred

Old April 15th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Mmmmmm, and I have had a couple of little hiccups since then, but it
seems to have settled down. It's a little strange.

Fred

--
Regards,
Fred

Old April 16th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

I'm running Linux so I'm pretty sure it's not my machine causing the
problem. My ISP changed addresses for the usenet server. The old one
was linked to the same address, (there are probably many ISP using the
same serveer), and the guy helping my at my ISP said there's no telling
how many sites thhe messages went to before they got to their
destination. I bet it was using authentication before, but then it
changed and suddenly my authentication was failing, but only
intermittently, (most of the time). When I changed the address to the
new official one for the server and removed the authentication it
started working, then the next day stopped again and then corrected
itself. It's going fine ever since, but it's very suspicious. I
wonder who's monkeying around with the server connection and why.

Fred.

Old April 17th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

That's what caused my problems, too - my ISP changed addresses for the
usenet server - but I still had to delete my setup and set it up again
to receive 'em.

Julie

Old April 17th 08, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

That wuz a shame. Now we noz fur shur dat we'll hafta use a web site
fur gettin throu tu usenetgruups. Cus da ISP dat da people use in da
knew house doesn't haf a Usenet server at all. Dey are trying tu phase
usses owt.
I will haf Fred set up access through one uv da serfers give tu him by
Adam. An we'll see ifn it werks.

Cinnamon

Old April 17th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

YAY. I'f alredy subscribed to rpcc via da knew "Motzarella" serfer and
effurryfing seems tu be werking like cats wif a purpose!

Cinnamon

Fred Williams wrote:
[...]

Peace,
Fred

Old April 18th 08, 10:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

Hey! We's serfer buddies! (:-B)

Cinnamon

On Thursday 17 April 2008 22:59, Lucy wrote:

Dats what we jus got!

Lucy