Lord -- errr, Lady -- of the Ring

Old May 17th 04, 06:47 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default Lord -- errr, Lady -- of the Ring

Now, our only little girl cat, Merlyn, has a propensity to play with
pretty, bright, shiny things. Pennies are an absolute favorite for
her, when we occasionally accidentally drop one on the floor.

The other day, I woke up to find one of the rings on my hand was
missing. I was very upset, as it is a sterling silver ring in the
shape of the symbol for my zodiacal sign of Cancer, and my mother gave
it to me in the early 1970s. I had no idea where I could have lost
it, so there wasn't much point in trying hard to look for it. I was
resigned that it was lost.

And then the next day, DH wakes me up with a weird, shocked sound. At
9 am. (!) (Being night/second-shift people, we are *never* up that
early!) Through my massive sleep fog, I hear him tell me what
happened.

He saw Merlyn on the bed, with a bright, shiny object in her mouth.
Being afraid she would swallow whatever it was, he jumped up suddenly,
which spooked her, and she dropped it on the blanket. He picked it
up. And there it was -- my missing ring!

Merlyn got a *lot* of extra praise and scratchies for finding my lost
pretty pretty :-)

Ginger-lyn

Old May 18th 04, 04:30 AM
Marina

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote
[...]

LOL! What a good kitty. Are you sure she didn't steal it in the first place?
;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 18th 04, 08:58 AM
jmcquown

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
[...]

That's too funny! A former co-worker's cat steals her wedding ring all the
time. She'd take it off to wash dishes and leave it on the counter. She
finally had to start putting it in a jewel box to keep Fred from running off
with it!

Jill

Old May 19th 04, 07:25 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:50:02 -0600, CATherine
wrote:

I am glad she found it for you; but are you sure she didn't make off
with it in the firdst place? My cats love jewelry, too. I have to be
careful how i handle a necklace as i put it on. If i let it dangle as
i fasten it, it will acquire a large furry pendant!

--
CATherine

lol -- I really *am* wonderng! I checked it once I had it back on,
and that thing is very difficult to get off easily past the knuckle.
She would have had to have been one stubborn cat -- come to think of
it, she *is*! ;-)

Love the "large furry pendant", btw!

Ginger-lyn