Toothful Diana

Old April 8th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Toothful Diana

Fred here, posting as a proud HC.
I just want to relate this story that has me a little upset with our
TED. You'll remember some time ago, in January, I was worried about
Diana because TED said she needed a tooth extracted. There was much
soul searching and advice on r.p.c.c about that. Finally it was
decided that she should go and with instructions that it not be done
unless absolutely necessary. Which is what we did,
I took Diana to the same office, but the other TED who works there, and
left her with those instructions. Later that day I went an picked her
up. The receptionist said that the operation was necessary and gave me
an award for Diana for bravery, which I thought was a little excessive
and might have been appropriate if I was a child. (Diana didn't seem to
care). Then I was presented with a bill for $170. I paid the bill
with some concern, as money was getting tight, but I still had it and
nothing was too good for my beautiful Diana. She never seemed too
concerned about loosing the tooth and I was happy she adapted well. I
thought she's be nervous about her mouth for a while and didn't push to
see it.
Imagine my surprise when a few days ago she yawned and displayed all
four canines! The tooth was still there! It's a good thing the TED
wasn't, because I was about to cut my suspenders and go straight up,
(so to speak). When I calmed down a little I went and got the bill I
had been presented with. There was a lot of stuff listed, and
basically they had cleaned her teeth under anesthesia and there were a
lot of ancilliary charges adding up to the $170, but no extraction
listed, of course. None of the things that were done were ever
discussed with me prior to their doing them. I had understood that if
she didn't need the extraction they would just return her to me and
there would be no charge.
This was the TED recommended by the Cat Rescue Network, and the one
they use for all the rescue kitties. They won't be the one used by me
ever again, and I'm going to tell anyone with a cat what happened.
I've already told the Cat Rescue Network. Has anyone had similar
experiences?
There's another reason for calling them *TED* (The Evil Doctor indeed!)

--
Regards,
Fred

Old April 8th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

it kuld be data kleanin wuz nseri butted notta pullin stuff, we iz sorri
bowt diz, anna now we unnerstandz why soft allatime azks so mani qweskinz
anna makez uses wat a longlong time befure we leafa ted, Trudi

Old April 9th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Oh me!!! There was a lengthy discussion about this on one of my Yahoo
groups - apparently a LOT of people have experienced something like
that, getting a bill for items you were not aware of!

Is this vet office still open?

Julie

Old April 9th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Oh yes they're still there and I expect I'll send them a letter
explaining what happened. I don't expect I'll get anything out of it
now, but the Cat Rescue Network has been taking all their cats to this
vet, and I let them know what happened. That may be a big loss of
business for this TED. I certainly won't take another animal there.

Fred

Old April 9th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

I'm pretty sure that's what it was. The extraction wasn't necessary,
but they figured to get the money out of me anyway. They just never
told me they didn't do the extraction and substituted other work, a
cleaning, that we never discussed. The stupid certificate for bravery
was a distraction so I would be thinking about how silly it was and not
looking too closely at the bill.
On the one hand, I'm happy that Diana still has all her teeth, on the
othe hand, I'm not pleased at all that they lied to me about doing the
work when they hadn't and I'm somewhat angry that they did work they
never even talked about and billed me for that instead, despite that it
may have been good for the cat, or unnecessary. I have no way of
knowing. These guys are *not* on my Christmas list.

Fred

Old April 10th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

I'm glad you're going to write them a letter, but I would demand a
refund up front and tell them you'll file complaints against them if
they don't refund you. I nearly always get refunds when I take that
approach.

Julie

Old April 10th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

You may be right Julie. I'll get Diana & Ryan to Aunti-Heather first
and then I'll see.

Fred

Old April 11th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Diana & Ryan to Heather's (Was: Toothful Diana)

That was today. We had an eventful trip. Diana and Ryan are at
Anti-Heathers now and I had a sad ride home, passing landmarks where
we stopped and knowing that they were not with me any more.
When I said goodbye to Diana as I closed the door to the room where she
and Ryan were, she gave me this shocked, pained look, as if to
say, "What! You're leaving us?!" Ryan wouldn't come out of his
carrier, I figure because he believed it would go with me and he wanted
to be in it when it did. The carrier has always been for travelling.
Unfortunately it stayed and Ryan with it. I wish I'd said a better
good-bye to Ryan. He may be upset that I didn't. Well, at least they
have each other to comfort themselves. We did that much... not to
mention Aunti-Heather who will help in that respect too. They're going
to need you, Heather, overthe next few days.

I am home now and Cinnamon hasn't come out to say hello, nor even
meowed in the half hour that I've been here. I'll have to check the
hiding spot in the second bedroom, where he goes when he's scared.
Often that means someone has been in the house, but today was also the
first time he's ever been alone in the apartment, and he was alone all
day. He may be frightened, (it doesn't take much), or he may be angry
with me for leaving him alone.

Fred