Laser pointer - what a bust!

Old December 9th 05, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Laser pointer - what a bust!

Are my cats too smart? (or just too lazy?)

4 out of 5 cats figured out that it wasn't worth chasing in less than 3
minutes. The 5th kept at it until I felt sorry for him and gave him some
extra treats for his trouble.

Old December 9th 05, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article ,
5cats wrote:
Are my cats too smart? (or just too lazy?)

4 out of 5 cats figured out that it wasn't worth chasing in less than 3
minutes. The 5th kept at it until I felt sorry for him and gave him some
extra treats for his trouble.

It only took Bubba about 30 seconds to lose interest in the
uncatchable red dot. He'll watch it intently, but can't be
bothered to chase it.

Glad I got the 2/$5 ones...

Claude
Old December 9th 05, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"5cats" wrote in message
Are my cats too smart? (or just too lazy?)

4 out of 5 cats figured out that it wasn't worth chasing in less than 3
minutes. The 5th kept at it until I felt sorry for him and gave him some
extra treats for his trouble.

You have to let them "catch it" once in a while. Make it disappear when they
put their paw on it. Mine never get tired of it.

Old December 9th 05, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

5cats wrote:

Are my cats too smart? (or just too lazy?)

4 out of 5 cats figured out that it wasn't worth chasing in less than 3
minutes. The 5th kept at it until I felt sorry for him and gave him some
extra treats for his trouble.

The 5th cat was being a sport and enjoying the chase for the sake of the
chase and playtime.

The rest of your bunch are much too cynical, particularly when they
discovered each time the dot moved so would your hand.

Old December 9th 05, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Gaya looks at it, then back at me as if saying "You're kidding right?" and
walks off..

*sigh*
--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

Old December 9th 05, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"5cats" wrote in message
Are my cats too smart? (or just too lazy?)

4 out of 5 cats figured out that it wasn't worth chasing in less than 3
minutes. The 5th kept at it until I felt sorry for him and gave him some
extra treats for his trouble.

So the first 4 were too lazy, dumb or full to earn some extra treats.
Sounds like the 5th played you.

LOL

ron

Old December 9th 05, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

5cats wrote:
Are my cats too smart? (or just too lazy?)

4 out of 5 cats figured out that it wasn't worth chasing in less than 3
minutes. The 5th kept at it until I felt sorry for him and gave him some
extra treats for his trouble.

Depends. Are your cats fairly mature? I found as my cat matures, she
loses interest in the laser quicker. It takes more effort to keep her
interested. I make sweeping circles from floor to ceiling. She likes
that. I got a newer laser that has a brighter red dot that the older
and uses AAA batteries. I have yet to replace the batteries. I find
that keeping the laser on for 5 or 10 minutes will get to her, takes
time, she pretends she is not interested, then wham.

Old December 10th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

However, most of the balls end up under the
refrigerator and guess who gets to fish them out.

Somebody needs to invent a little robot sweeper that will get cat toys out
from under furniture.

Old December 10th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

However, most of the balls end up under the
refrigerator and guess who gets to fish them out.

Somebody needs to invent a little robot sweeper that will get cat toys out
from under furniture. Wouldn't you buy that? I would buy that.