Jill Update from Jill (OT)

Old July 22nd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Jill Update from Jill (OT)

On Jul 22, 6:34*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Yes, it's me. *Yes, I was in the hospital. *

Glad to hear you're back and hoping things don't get any worse

Purrs being sent for you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 22nd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Mom made attempts at litterbox scooping. I'll have to give it a
good washing today. This is the only time in my life I've been
able to walk into a room and it screamed CAT!!! Mom just wasn't
able to scoop all the clumped stuff way down deep. I'll take it
outside and fill it with dish soap and give it a good squirt with
the hose; it's about all I'm capable of. I'm very tired.

Purrs to all who need them. A few continuing purrs for myself
wouldn't hurt I'm not out of the woods yet.

Jill

Jill,

There are disposable litter trays (with litter) available in some
places. Kroger's carries it in this area, and I'm not sure where
else. They are primarily intended for travel and would be wasteful
for most uses, but it might be a good idea for someone who is just
out of the hospital. It might not be good for you to be lifting,
cleaning, and washing a regular litter box. Do you have someone who
could check around for some of these? The procedure you faced sounds
dreadful. I hope the worse is behind you no pun intended.

MaryL

Thanks for the heads up. It wasn't so bad (and I do use a litterbox
liner, can't imagine not!). The spigot is right outside the garage so
I squirted Dawn dishwashing liquid in the litterbox, added some water
and gave it a light scrub and rinse. Patted it dry, put in a new
liner, fresh litter, all is well. I'm okay, I just get tired easily.
And I haven't even had my surgery yet!

Jill

Be patient. I am getting my energy back and so will you. You did not eat
for a lot of days.

Andy
Old July 22nd 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Yes, it's me. Yes, I was in the hospital. Yes, Matthew, I was posting in
the wee hours of Saturday morning (7/12) because I was so uncomfortable I
couldn't sleep. By 11AM I was in the emergency room, having been whisked
off by ambulance. I couldn't stand up, much less drive myself to the
hospital. And Mom, bless her, was too freaked out to even think about
driving. Here I'm supposed to be acting as her caregiver and I wind up in
the hospital *again*! NOTE: the doc says even if I'd stayed in the
hospital the first time around for a day or two it probably wouldn't have
made any difference.

Diagnosis: perforated colon. I was on heavy duty IV antibiotics, IV
fluids and a LOT of pain medication. Two shots of morphine in the ER
didn't do it. They had to give me something that practically knocked me
out. Gradually I was able to eat soft foods withouth a problem and they
removed the drain (which was more uncomfortable than anything after a
couple of days). Long story short, I'm back home now, still on heavy-duty
antibiotics and a strict diet. Do I feel like cooking? No. Do I have to?
Yes. Dammit!

I have to see the surgeon for more tests next week. I'm going to be
scheduled for laproscopic surgery to remove part of my colon (oh joys!)
but hopefully we've caught it soon enough a colostomy won't be necessary.
There's still a chance of that; I was told not to be discouraged if this
comes back before we can schedule my surgery and it might lead to a
temporary colostomy.

John left on June 30th. He was with me for the trip and also is the one
who took me to the emergency room. But he had to get back home. Wouldn't
have mattered; there wasn't anything he really could have done by still
being here. And yes, I contacted the neighbor and got someone to take
care of her kitties.

I was more worried about Mom and Persia than anything else. Mom assurred
me she was taking care of herself, eating and taking her meds (ha!). I do
know she was feeding Persia. I had the foresight to unplug Persia's
Drinkwell fountain; I knew Mom couldn't lift it let alone clean it out.

Mom made attempts at litterbox scooping. I'll have to give it a good
washing today. This is the only time in my life I've been able to walk
into a room and it screamed CAT!!! Mom just wasn't able to scoop all the
clumped stuff way down deep. I'll take it outside and fill it with dish
soap and give it a good squirt with the hose; it's about all I'm capable
of. I'm very tired.

Purrs to all who need them. A few continuing purrs for myself wouldn't
hurt I'm not out of the woods yet.

Jill

Oh Jill, so relieved to hear from you. Continued purrs for a quick
recovery.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 22nd 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jul 22, 9:34*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you to have a speedy recovery. Take care.

Winnie
Old July 22nd 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Purrs are on the way. I'm glad you're home and feeling better. I'm sorry
you have so many responsibilities. Try to take it as easy as you can.

((((((((Jill)))))))))

Joy

Old July 22nd 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
. ..

Old July 22nd 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 22.07.2008 schrieb jmcquown:

A few continuing purrs for myself wouldn't hurt I'm not out of
the woods yet.

Tons of healing- and get-well-purrs are coming your way. Of course,
there are comforting purrs included as well:-)

Purrs from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old July 22nd 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Glad you're feeeling better Jill. Purrs for your continued well-being.
Kyla

"MaryL"

"jmcquown"

Old July 22nd 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Yes, it's me. Yes, I was in the hospital.

So glad to hear from you, you had me worried. Many purrs you improve soon
and surgery will not be necessary.

Tweed

Old July 23rd 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

Yes, it's me. Yes, I was in the hospital.

--- snip

Purrs to all who need them. A few continuing purrs for myself
wouldn't hurt I'm not out of the woods yet.

Jill

Glad you're out and about. Persia must be glad too. Luckily she had a
chance to get used to her new "home" before it happened. Mega purrs on the
way for a spectacular recovery which will astound the doctors.

Bobble

Jill update rb Cat anecdotes 11 August 21st 08 01:32 AM
Jill Jofirey Cat anecdotes 4 July 21st 08 06:47 AM
Jill update/Contact info? Magic Mood Jeep © Cat anecdotes 0 July 16th 08 12:58 AM
jill update rb Cat anecdotes 9 July 15th 08 04:15 AM
Update for Jill Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 16 February 17th 08 01:36 AM