Been away

Old October 26th 19, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Default Been away

So I've been away for a few weeks, visiting family in the UK as my Dad's
been very ill. I left here pretty suddenly, got a phone call at 6:30am,
was lucky to be able to get the cats into a good boarding place, and was
on the plane by 6:30pm. Thankfully Dad's out of hospital now although
things aren't looking too good long term.

The cats seem to have forgiven me now. Trixie was more affectionate than
usual when I got them home. Floki the kitten is now a big cat. He didn't
recognise me at first and hid, but after a couple of hours he seemed to
remember that he did know me, and jumped on my lap for cuddles. The two
of them are getting along better now and will often both sit on my lap
together.
Old October 26th 19, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/25/2019 11:20 PM, Helen Wheels wrote:
So I've been away for a few weeks, visiting family in the UK as my Dad's
been very ill.Â* I left here pretty suddenly, got a phone call at 6:30am,
was lucky to be able to get the cats into a good boarding place, and was
on the plane by 6:30pm. Thankfully Dad's out of hospital now although
things aren't looking too good long term.

The cats seem to have forgiven me now. Trixie was more affectionate than
usual when I got them home. Floki the kitten is now a big cat. He didn't
recognise me at first and hid, but after a couple of hours he seemed to
remember that he did know me, and jumped on my lap for cuddles. The two
of them are getting along better now and will often both sit on my lap
together.

I'm sorry to hear your dad has been ill.

I'm glad the cats have forgiven you. The change in Floki's size must
have been a bit surprising! I imagine it's a bit like not seeing a
person for years and the next time you do they've got grey hair.

Jill
Old November 10th 19, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

On 26/10/2019 9:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Well yes. Of course we know they're going to grow up but he had a heck
of a growth spurt in the few weeks I was gone. His head hasn't quite
caught up with the rest of him yet, he can look a little comical with
big feet, body, tail and ears and still a tiny head. I don't know his
exact age but he must be approaching a year old now. He's quite agile
and now able to jump up on my desk. That's no big thing for most cats
but for a long time it looked like long-term effects of the snake bite
might prevent him being able to jump properly. So, good news all round
really,