I think Marlo comes out for good tonight

Old February 27th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I think Marlo comes out for good tonight

I felt awful locking her in the room today as I left for work. She is
getting pretty used to the house, and Espy and Nipsy are getting
better with her. Yesterday I got home and let her out, and she stayed
out until I was ready to go to bed. I put her in the Cat Introduction
Room for the night but she was making noise banging against the door,
so I let her out. I don't want her banging her pretty head.

She slept all night next to me. It was so sweet. She hasn't figured
out that stuff moving under the blanket isn't a threat so she pounces
whenever I move a hand. She is quite the savage hunter with a hand
left on top of the covers too.

Mostly I think that things are going well because she has really
started to play, pouncing on things and starting to run around.

I was thinking about leaving her out when I went to work today but as
she came out from investigating the shower Espy was there and a slight
growling fest emerged. That seems to happen mostly when they're in a
narrow area (like the bathroom) and can't get past each other without
coming close.

Nipsy is no problem, being a wuss at heart. The big, gentle giant.

Old February 28th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

She sounds like she's going to do great!! It's truly amazing how much noise
one frustrated cat can make--LET ME OUT NOW! It really seems as though
things are going well for you and your troop!

Bonnie

Old February 28th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:09:14 -0800, "22brix"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Or, LET ME IN NOW if it's a closed bedroom. Cats just don't like
doors.

Oh, a funny thing about my Cat Introduction Room. I always worry that
one of the cats will accidently lock themself in that room, because
somehow they manage to do so. It's a storage room most of the time so
some stuff is piled up and while fighting somehow one gets stuck
behind a closed door.

Normally I've taken to placing a heavy object in front of the door so
it won't close, but while using it as the CIR that object is removed.
Sure enough, yesterday morning I'm wondering where Espy is and I see
that the door is shut. He had managed to lock himself in. At least for
now it has a litterbox in it.
Old February 28th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

I have a screen door spring on my bathroom door. This allows me to
close it but the cats cannot.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

First Marlo pic, and a hissing situation dgk Cat health & behaviour 18 February 26th 07 02:11 PM
Tonight Pat Cat anecdotes 0 December 14th 06 06:02 AM
Be good to your pussy tonight §cratch Cat health & behaviour 0 November 2nd 05 03:25 AM
Tonight Cheryl Cat anecdotes 15 January 31st 05 02:18 AM
Tonight O J Cat anecdotes 0 January 29th 05 10:04 PM