Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out in thestool?

Old April 14th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
-mhd[_2_]

Default Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out in the stool?

Cat Guy wrote:

I've been posting to usenet since 1988.

Clearly clueless since 1988.

I know what usenet is, and how it should be used.

It IS NOT "bad" to crosspost when the groups being posted to have
something in common with the subject matter being discussed.

Then you should know the difference between multiposting (good) and
crossposting (bad).

-mhd
Old April 14th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
-mhd[_2_]

Cat Guy wrote:

It IS NOT "bad" to crosspost when the groups being posted to have
something in common with the subject matter being discussed.

Ignore my reply with apologies (heh, maybe I cancelled it in time).
It's multiposting that is bad and crossposting is the correct form.

-mhd
Old April 14th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
Upscale

"-mhd" wrote in message
Ignore my reply with apologies (heh, maybe I cancelled it in time).

Too slow. It's been echoed around the world 3 zillion times and you're name
is now forever associated with multiposting and crossposting horrors.

Old April 14th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
Cat Guy

-mhd wrote:

I've been posting to usenet since 1988.

Clearly clueless since 1988.

You're clearly a moron, or a troll. Your next response will tell me
which one.

Then you should know the difference between multiposting (good)
and crossposting (bad).

You do realize that you just stuck your foot in your mouth, don't you?

Multi-posting is widely recognized as being *bad* usenet etiquette.

Posting (or cross-posting) content not related to the target group(s)
is also bad usenet etiquette.
Old April 14th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
Cat Guy

-mhd wrote:

Ignore my reply with apologies (heh, maybe I cancelled it in
time). It's multiposting that is bad and crossposting is the
correct form.

hmmmm.

Too late.

Ignore my reply to your reply then...
Old April 14th 08, 03:10 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Guy

I'm re-posting this because AMUN removed some of the distrubution
groups before I realized it. I'm restoring them.

AMUN wrote:

Gee whiz. I caused all this trouble ?

Only because my news-server only allows posts to one group, to
avoid spam.

You appear to be using the AIOE.ORG news server, as do I.

That server allows cross-posting to 3 groups (without specifying a
followup-to: group) and up to 5 groups (requiring you to specify a
followup-to: group).

In most cases, 3 groups is sufficient. In some cases, 5 can be
useful.
Old April 14th 08, 08:54 AM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
balikitty

On Apr 12, 10:27*am, Cat Guy wrote:
We recently gave one of our cats a deworming pill (milbemax) and later
found a worm (sorta looked like a tan-colored rubber band) in a pile
of vomit.

I thought that tape worms reside or attach to the intestinal wall (and
not the stomach wall) and therefore when the worm leaves the cat it's
by way of the stool.

So is it normal, or unusual, for the worm to be vomited out?

If you are seeing an actual worm when the cat regurgitates food, the
cat can ingest the worm while grooming. Tape worms look exactly like
rice. If it is a roundworm, which will be visible in vomit, its more
spaghetti-like. Before the cat is infested this bad with worms , your
pet will be obviously ill. It will be hard to actually see a tape
worm that has been ingested and comes back up in vomit. The likely way
your cat can actually do this with a tape worm, it will be ingested
and thrown up immediately. If this happens again. Take the worm to
your vet, they can identify under a microscope. You will have to do
this fairly soon, as the worm will dry up.
Old April 14th 08, 11:41 AM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Wendy

"balikitty" wrote in message
[...]

They won't need a microscope to identify the tape worm that the cat barfed
up. You'll never mistake one of them for round worms. I also have had a cat
barf up a tape worm. We took it to the vet where they confirmed the
identification and finally issued the meds that we had been requesting they
give us for weeks. The rice you've seen are tapeworm segments that are shed.
The cat cannot get a tapeworm from ingesting the segments. The cat must
ingest the intermediary host (flea or rodent) in order to acquire a tape
worm.

Old April 14th 08, 05:12 PM posted to alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
balikitty

On Apr 14, 6:41*am, "Wendy" wrote:
"balikitty" wrote in message

[...]

Im not saying anyone will mistake it for a roundworm. i dont think
what she is seeing is a worm at all. I am a licensed vet tech for 18
years. Trust me on this. thanks.
Old April 15th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats
William Graham

"-mhd" wrote in message
Cat Guy wrote:

It IS NOT "bad" to crosspost when the groups being posted to have
something in common with the subject matter being discussed.

Ignore my reply with apologies (heh, maybe I cancelled it in time).
It's multiposting that is bad and crossposting is the correct form.

-mhd

My problem with all this is that I never know how to make sure that the
original poster receives my answer without posting my reply to all the
groups he has listed in his header.....IOW, where, exactly is he posting
from? If I knew that, then I could eliminate all the other groups from the
header, and confine the answer to the original poster's group, plus,
(perhaps) any other groups that might also be interested. But without
knowing that, I have little choice but to post my answer to all the groups
in the header of the original post.