The Morning After...

Old May 15th 05, 03:02 AM
tanada

Default The Morning After...

Roanoke Island

Oh my aching head. We had our bon voyage party last night and the nip
flew. Literally . Some niphead threw it up into the air and a bunch of
seagulls swooped down and scooped it up. Unfortunately, it didn't seem
to have any effect on the gulls. A couple of cats tried to jump up after
the gulls to get the nip back but landed in the bay instead. We had to
fish them out.

As you can see, most of the party took place on the dock and top deck. I
was afraid that someone would eat or drink too much catnip juice and end
up rolling down the stairs to the below decks, but fortunately that
didn't happen. We do have a lot of groaning wincing felines who can feel
and hear their fur growing this morning. I know, I'm one of them.

However, we did have a lot of fun earning those nipovers. The bitty
kitty chorus sang and did a little dance, the piano in the galley was
played, there were songs and dances, and Frank chanted "The Rime of the
Ancient Islander". There were way too many toasts and too many platters
of pizza, chicken, barbequed pork and other goodies. By mutual agreement
no fish was served, though there was a plate with shrimp and lobster on
it. It was very popular, especially with the fat wench who loves the stuff.

Unfortunately, we made enough noise that the Parrotheads at the next
slip over called the cops on us. I thought that they were supposed to be
mellow. Well they were busy getting wasted in Margarittaville and we
were busy getting wasted in nipland. We just didn't agree about how we
were supposed to get wasted. The fat wench was unhappy, as she loves
Jimmy Buffet music and says that she's a parrothead wannabe. She didn't
like have to choose between the cats and the birds. Personally, I think
Jimmy Buffet is for the birds, but the fat wench tells me that I'm wrong
and to be good for once. She has no class.

Anyway, the cops showed up and tested our catnip for content. Once they
were satisfied that we weren't growing pots and that no one was nipping
and driving, they let us go with a warning to tone down the party. By
that time it was late and the hoomins were falling asleep anyway. So we
let them go to bed and even sang them a lullaby. Mike threw a book at
us. Turns out that he had an ear ache and had to go see TED. We purred
in sympathy, and he is feeling better now.

The cops told us that we'd worned out our welcome, so it is time we set
sail. We leave with the tide in the morning. My next post should be from
at sea and I'll let you know how our voyage is going. I just hope there
aren't any stowaways this year.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.