Sad kitten video

Old June 24th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sad kitten video

I've been thinking a lot lately, wondering what, if anything, makes
sense.

Among other things, I was touched by this video, about a kitten who
was part of someone's life for only a matter of days, but was loved
and not forgotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9MG2NDIeQ

Old June 24th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Among other things, I was touched by this video, about a kitten who
was part of someone's life for only a matter of days, but was loved
and not forgotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9MG2NDIeQ

Kumani and Tyche were that age (actually, I think younger) when we got
them. The vet guessed they were maybe 3 weeks old.

We had no way of knowing if they'd been born with genetic diseases, or
if they'd picked up diseases in the garbage where Dylan found them.
They were also dumped behind a lab so who knows if they came from
there? We had no way of knowing if they were okay inside or if they
would stay that way.

We weren't mom cats and we weren't vets and we weren't experienced with
kittens but...

....the one thing we COULD do is give them a chance, and maybe they
wouldn't make it, but maybe they would. We could give them a better
chance than the overcrowded shelter or the streets and those were the
best odds they'd been given.

Tyche, strangely enough, sat still to watch that video with me. She is
turning 3 years next month (As is her sister).

It isn't about how long someone lives. It's about how much love they
can receive--and give--in that lifetime.

--Fil

Old June 24th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote:
[...]

Awww, that's so sad! But now you've taken very good care of them and
loved them, and made them all eldrich and joined at the butt, poking
and lazing and playing. Betty was about three when I got her three
years ago. She had already grown up into a very elegant young lady by
the time we met.

Old June 25th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awww, that's so sad! But now you've taken very good care of them and
loved them, and made them all eldrich and joined at the butt, poking
and lazing and playing. Betty was about three when I got her three
years ago. She had already grown up into a very elegant young lady by
the time we met.

But if we couldn't...if there was something wrong that our love
couldn't fix...we would never have regretted trying. We would never
have regretted giving them that chance as best we could.

I think we were fortunate to save both. Tyche was noticeably runty when
we found them and Kumani became very ill at 9 months...

Their names actually mean "By Destiny" (Kumani) and "By Chance" (Tyche)
so either we were fated to save them, or we were lucky.

--Fil

Old June 26th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
I've been thinking a lot lately, wondering what, if anything, makes
sense.

Among other things, I was touched by this video, about a kitten who
was part of someone's life for only a matter of days, but was loved
and not forgotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9MG2NDIeQ

OH man! This made me cry for at least an hour! What a way to start
off my saturday...... I'm so happy this kitten had a chance to be
loved, even if for a short time.
Think about it - he died knowing that he was loved. It's worth it.