Sergeants Pretect flea treatment...any experience?

Old August 5th 03, 05:22 AM
Foxsrus1

Default Sergeants Pretect flea treatment...any experience?

short on $...can't get the more expensive stuff. (been on Advantage)
Walmart has this stuff for about $5 which is all I can afford.
Is it ok for now?
Old August 5th 03, 01:11 PM
---MIKE---

Don't fool around with the cheap stuff. Get Advantage, Frontline, or
Revolution. If you can't "afford" them, sell your computer. Your cats
come first (and a vet bill because of using the cheap stuff won't help).

-MIKE

Old August 5th 03, 02:22 PM
Alex Longfield

Aside from the health issues which i know nothing about, i've also learnt
from experience that over the counter 'cheap' treatments are, in a word,
rubbish.

Nothing compares to frontline for us - our boys were riddled with fleas when
they arrived and once frontlined they sat on a chair and we watched the
fleas drop off.

From: (Foxsrus1)

short on $...can't get the more expensive stuff. (been on Advantage)
Walmart has this stuff for about $5 which is all I can afford.
Is it ok for now?

No, I would absolutely not use an over the counter flea remedy. They have

been
known to be toxic and it's not worth taking a chance. If you can't afford
Advantage, then you could try some natural ways. Check this site out for

more
information:
http://www.4fleas.com/fleacontroldonot.htm

Lauren