-Lost - My response...

Old December 6th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default -Lost - My response...

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, I got the message, loud and clear. I'm sorry about the outcome,
but c'est la vie!

Oscar Wilde once said (paraphrased) "I never pay attention to what
tedious people say and I never interfere with what charming people
do."

Leave the petty to their ugly little devices.

Fer shure - UseNET *never* "gets" to me because I *have* a life! ;

But I do sometimes miss our flame wars - you were the only other person
who could insult me and at the same time make me laugh! Should I start
another one? Hmmmm... how about this:

Cats need to be left outside, even in high traffic areas and places
where large predators and psycho cat torturers live. It doesn't matter
if they die a horrible death, they need to be fweeeeeee!

haha, what was it Chevy Chase used to say to Jane Curtin?

"Catnipped, you Ignorant Slut ... the only relationship you should ever
have with a cat is to take him to someone with more sense than you will
ever have." Etc.

Cybercat, you stupid c*nt, don't you know indoor only cats are extremely
depressed, destructive, and fat!? How dare you take a beautiful wild
animal and cage him for your own selfish entertainment! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

I still say the "Hugs" cancels out the flames.

LOL! Just like a cat to swipe you with her claws then lick your hand and
expect treats! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 8th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to break into the 'flame' war but now you remind me of a jerk we had
in the store a month or so ago. He had just spent $7000 + to patch up one of
his 5 cats that had been hit by a car (and almost get killed) and still let
them all go outside. He was in to adopt yet another one and had a hissy fit
when we wouldn't give him one of our rescues. He didn't even bring in a cat
carrier but wanted us to find him a box to take the kitty home in. His
comment was that he'd rather have a cat get hit by a car then be stuck
inside and be miserable. Leash training was out with him as was any type of
enclosure. Guess that would interfere with his let the cat roam free and
happy theory. He also told us that it wasn't his or the cats fault that the
cat got hit by the car. The driver ran the stop sign and THATS why the kitty
almost became road pizza. Bottom line was that he didn't want to have to
scoop litter boxes.

steps back off soapbox

Wendy

Old December 8th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Wendy" :

steps back off soapbox

grabs some popcorn and waits for the show to start

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 8th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Wendy" wrote

His comment was that he'd rather have a cat get hit by a car then be stuck
inside and be miserable.

A woman who had been my best friend throughout childhood and
into my thirties essentially said the same thing. She was actually
stupid enough to bring her cat to my house on a visit and let him
out in *my* neighborhood the first day she got there. Then she was
heartbroken that he did not come back. I lived on a busy city
street. He was probably terrified. That is when my friend acquired
the nickname "stupid bitch." I never felt the same about her after that.
She claims to be a great animal lover.

Leash training was out with him as was any type of
enclosure. Guess that would interfere with his let the cat roam free and
happy theory. He also told us that it wasn't his or the cats fault that
the cat got hit by the car. The driver ran the stop sign and THATS why the
kitty almost became road pizza. Bottom line was that he didn't want to
have to scoop litter boxes.

I always suspect that this is at the heart of it.

Old December 8th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Wendy" wrote in message
. ..

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I hope you didn't think I was *really* advocating letting cats roam!!!!! :O
I was 'harking back' to a flame war CC and I had with "Alison" (and some
other "stupid c*nt") who believed that "cats need to be fweeeeeeeeeeee" -
and yes it boiled down to they didn't want to be bothered by having to scoop
a litter box. One even had the temerity to tell my I was abusing my cats by
making them step on urine (even though I have 6 litter boxes for 5 cats and
scoop twice a day and scrub out the boxes every 10 days!!!).

I know the "norm" in the UK is to let cats outside. And those posts (what
was it CC, 800 - 1000 posts in that one thread?) didn't do a damn thing to
change anyone's mind, it just made us a lot of enemies. But I get *SO* sick
of hearing "cats need to be free - it's abusive to make them stay inside"
and then 3 weeks later that same poster will come to the group saying, "I'm
so upset, my kitty was run over by a car" or "Please pray for me my kitty
went missing and I'm so sad". We even had one who said "my kitty was torn
apart by pit bulls right in front of my eyes!" Then guess what??! They go
get another kitten and promptly put him outside, and a few months
later...... Anyway, you see where this is going.

I'm *NOT* going to get into another flame war over this issue (so put the
popcorn away, -Lost ;). My arthritis couldn't take another 500 posts
calling people the scum of the earth without changing the fate of their cats
since they are convinced they are right.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 9th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "CatNipped" :

I'm *NOT* going to get into another flame war over this issue (so
put the popcorn away, -Lost ;).

Awww...

hangs head low and walks away while "The Lonely Man" plays softly

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

PETA response Stick Waver Cat health & behaviour 2 January 31st 07 11:30 AM
Barf response Susan M Cat anecdotes 18 September 16th 05 07:15 PM
response from IAMS... Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 21 November 15th 03 09:24 PM
Cat Bitten. (was): response to rfp 03-06 Kent Paul Dolan Cat health & behaviour 2 October 25th 03 11:28 PM