Izzi - RIP

Old March 15th 04, 03:50 PM
Jeanette

m. L. Briggs wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:27:35 -0700, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

Why do you call him "fat and stupid?" Did you not give him the
attention you gave the other cqts?

My condolences in the passing of Izzy -- please extend my condolences
to Ripley also . I am sure he will feel the loss more thanyou think.

I call him fat and stupid because he is. It doesn't mean I love him any
less. Ripley turned up on our doorstep about six and half years ago, a
confused young homeless tomcat with a badly infected toe, and no clue as to
who he was or where he was supposed to be. He's a beautiful tuxedo, with big
eyes that betray the fact that he is a cat of very little brain. He won my
heart within about ten seconds of me opening to door to see what all the
wailing was about. I was looking after my sister's kitten, Spicy, at the
time, so I couldn't leave the door open to entice him in, but I made a bed
for him in the alley, and fed him three times a day. Once Spicy had gone
home, I started to work on Ripley, getting him to venture into the house.
One fine day I caught him, took him the vet, had him blood tested for FeLV
and FIV, castrated, and had his wound seen too. He moved into the house
immediately, and didn't go outside again for weeks, bless him.

You are right, in that he feels Izzi's loss, he's wondering where the hell
she is, and why he isn't getting slapped around the head by a grumpy old
ladycat whenever he goes to eat. You are also wrong, because I do realise
that his loss is as great as mine, he probably can't imagine life without
his nemesis. I just passed on your condolences to him, and he barked at me.
I have no idea what that means, perhaps the lack of feline company is making
him forget what he is supposed to do?

Jeanette

Old March 15th 04, 05:33 PM
Lisa Katt

Purrs!!!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Jeanette skrev i meddelandet ...
Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet. She had been ill for two or three weeks, and had had a
steroid injection to perk her up, but she had hyperthyroidism, cardiac
myopathy (sp?) and a pretty bad heart murmur. Yesterday evening she refused
her supper, and this morning she didn't want cuddles, food, or water. We
took her to the vets, knowing that the end had come. She was almost
seventeen (we'd had her since she was eighteen months old) She's buried

now,
in the back garden, next to Fenda. They were together for over fifteen
years, and will never be parted again. Izzi outlived her old companion by
only three months.

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

Jeanette

Old March 15th 04, 06:05 PM
Charleen Welton

"JBHajos" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:31:59 -0000, "Jeanette"
wrote:

This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Many purrs for Izzi's gentle journey to
the RB, and for you during this painful time. I'm sure Izzi is happy
to be snuggling with Fenda again.

Jeanne

We are so sorry to hear this news. Condolences to you and warm, loveing
memories in good time.

Charleen

Old March 15th 04, 07:06 PM
Exocat

Many feline purrs and human condolences for your loss of both Izzi and
Fenda.
May you have long & happy memories of your time together.
Please rejoice in the warm reception you'll receive at Cats Protection
when you visit them at potentially their most crowded time of year,
and in the new furry person, or people?, you'll soon be sharing your
life with.

Very best wishes

Exocat
Bandit (ex Cats Protection)
Pericles, &
Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

Old March 15th 04, 07:39 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Jeanette wrote:

Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet.

Jeanette,

I am so sorry for your loss. The cats send special purrs and we will
light a candle tonight in memory of Izzi. Give Ripley special Cook
family scritches and ear rubs for us.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old March 15th 04, 08:06 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:50:49 -0000, "Jeanette"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Thanls for the reply and history. I suppose kittens who were not properly nourished or

who left their mother too soon could be less intelligent than others
who were better taken care of. I am interested in the barking sound.
could he have a cold? Needless to say, I suppose, but whenever I
read of another cat death, it brings back old memories of those I
have loved and lost. Again, my condolences to both you and Ripley.
MLB

Old March 15th 04, 09:23 PM
Tanada

Jeanette wrote:

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

We're so sorry Jeanette. Purrs and hugs for you and your family from us
all.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Old March 15th 04, 10:23 PM
Jeanette

Exocat wrote in message
Many feline purrs and human condolences for your loss of both Izzi and
Fenda.
May you have long & happy memories of your time together.
Please rejoice in the warm reception you'll receive at Cats Protection
when you visit them at potentially their most crowded time of year,
and in the new furry person, or people?, you'll soon be sharing your
life with.

Very best wishes

Exocat
Bandit (ex Cats Protection)
Pericles, &
Snowball

--

I'm the voluntary PR officer and webmaster for my local branch, I know
exactly what sort of reception I'll get. Thanks for the good PR anyway.

Old March 16th 04, 04:57 AM
Marina

"Jeanette" wrote

I call him fat and stupid because he is. It doesn't mean I love him any
less. Ripley turned up on our doorstep about six and half years ago, a
confused young homeless tomcat with a badly infected toe, and no clue as

who he was or where he was supposed to be.

snip

I don't think I've heard Ripley's story before. Thanks for posting it.
Again, hugs and purrs to you both for your loss.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 17th 04, 06:48 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Jeanette"
wrote:

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

Jeanette

Purrs for your heart and Izzi's passage to the Bridge.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.