Serious KFW!!

Old March 13th 04, 07:53 PM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

"badwilson" wrote
Aaaawwww! They are sooooo cute! Are you sure Frank and Nikki wouldn't like
a baby sibling???

I don't think Frank would mind. After all, he was a great mummy to Nikki
when I brought her home as a kitten. But Nikki hates all other cats, except
her beloved Frank.

Besides, these kittens are pedigrees. I'm not interested in all that stuff,
like shows and judging them on their looks etc.

But they're so cute! Even though they're purebred, they still want to
be loved by great-auntie Marina.

Old March 13th 04, 08:24 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:29:49 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Alan Erskine" wrote

Oh yes!

I like this one http://mia.daug.net/gallery/pennut/102_0283.html It sort

of
says "Mummy loves you too, darling, but don't bite mummy's neck!"

LOL! I hadn't realised she had posted more pics in the gallery. That one's
funny, and the next one, where the kitten has caught mummy's nose.

I missed those, too.

Guess they're about a month old, now, and in the midst of what I
called the "thundering" stage when Little Bit had her litter. This is
when the kittens try to see how much noise they can make as they run
from place to place looking for things to get into.

Of course, during the thunder stage, you have to be especially alert
any time it becomes quiet. They may have just run out of steam, but
it's also possible that they have found the one thing you forgot when
kitten proofing, and are about to commit mass kitty suicide.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 13th 04, 09:12 PM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote

But they're so cute! Even though they're purebred, they still want to
be loved by great-auntie Marina.

Of course I love the kittens. It's not their fault hoomins have these
strange notions of breeds and show points. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 13th 04, 10:01 PM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote

But they're so cute! Even though they're purebred, they still want to
be loved by great-auntie Marina.

Of course I love the kittens. It's not their fault hoomins have these
strange notions of breeds and show points. )

They're probably sooo happy that you still love their fuzzy little
selves, despite Auntie Marina's reverse-snobbiness.

It sounds as though Kira came with a lot of strings attached, like
having to be bred. It does sound like more work having a purebred
kitten.

Old March 14th 04, 03:27 AM
badwilson

"Marina" wrote in message

"badwilson" wrote
Aaaawwww! They are sooooo cute! Are you sure Frank and Nikki wouldn't

like
a baby sibling???

I don't think Frank would mind. After all, he was a great mummy to Nikki
when I brought her home as a kitten. But Nikki hates all other cats,

except
her beloved Frank.

Besides, these kittens are pedigrees. I'm not interested in all that

stuff,
like shows and judging them on their looks etc.

Oh, but you could rescue one from having to do the show circuit! Yours
could just be a really gorgeous and spoiled house cat. Well, maybe not so
spoiled if Nikki taunts him ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 14th 04, 08:22 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 15th 04, 05:40 AM
Marina

"badwilson" wrote

Oh, but you could rescue one from having to do the show circuit! Yours
could just be a really gorgeous and spoiled house cat. Well, maybe not so
spoiled if Nikki taunts him ;-)

Yeah, you're right, wish I could rescue them from that. Poor Kasper hates
going to shows, but he has to anyway. Now she is flying him to Denmark for a
show. Poor boy. Believe me, I've had some words with my niece about this.

Re kittens. My sister (not my niece's mother, but my other sister) is
talking of breeding her moggie Ronja. I said I might be interested in a
kitten if she does. ) What have I gone and said? Nikki would kill me if
she knew. Ah, well, sis says it will probably not be for another few years.
(And in case someone is horrified at my sister planning to breed her cat, we
don't have nearly the problem with ferals and strays that other countries
seem to have. I for one have never seen a feral or stray cat here in the
Helsinki area.)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 16th 04, 03:47 AM
badwilson

"Marina" wrote in message

"badwilson" wrote

[...]

That's too bad that your niece takes Kasper to shows when he hates it. I
don't disagree with showing a cat, but they have to like it or at least not
hate it. Seems very stressful on a cat to hate being in shows and then to
have to fly to another country too!
That would be cool if your other sister bred Ronja. Maybe she can get a
Russian Blue to be the dad and have a half and half? Vino is half Japanese
Bobtail and half Birman, but he looks like a plain moggie with no tail. I
bet a half Russian Blue would look gorgeous, maybe he would even turn out to
be a really grey tabby?

Old March 16th 04, 11:11 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:13:57 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

OMG!!! My niece posted portraits of each kitten! Look at those sweet, sweet,
funny, fuzzy little faces! OMG! I don't think I can go visit them any more,
or I will surely stuff them all in my pockets when I leave!

http://mia.daug.net/kittens.php

Have you ever noticed that kittens'faces look like pansies?
Old March 17th 04, 04:06 AM
Marina

"m. L. Briggs" wrote

Have you ever noticed that kittens'faces look like pansies?

Aww, you're right!

--
Marina