Izzi - RIP

Old March 14th 04, 01:31 PM
Jeanette

Default Izzi - RIP

Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet. She had been ill for two or three weeks, and had had a
steroid injection to perk her up, but she had hyperthyroidism, cardiac
myopathy (sp?) and a pretty bad heart murmur. Yesterday evening she refused
her supper, and this morning she didn't want cuddles, food, or water. We
took her to the vets, knowing that the end had come. She was almost
seventeen (we'd had her since she was eighteen months old) She's buried now,
in the back garden, next to Fenda. They were together for over fifteen
years, and will never be parted again. Izzi outlived her old companion by
only three months.

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

Jeanette

Old March 14th 04, 01:41 PM
Annie Wxill

"Jeanette" wrote in message
Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet. ...
Jeanette

Condolences on the loss of both kitties, and so close together, too.
Annie

Old March 14th 04, 02:34 PM
Hopitus2

I am so sorry for your loss of the dear companions now sleeping nearby; they
had long and happy lives with you and each other; comfort purrs go across
the pond to you and yours, including the fat stupid, who probably misses
them too.

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
:
: ...

Old March 14th 04, 02:39 PM
Adrian

Jeanette wrote:
[...]

I will light a candle for Izzi.
--
Adrian

Old March 14th 04, 03:24 PM
Victor Martinez

I'm so sorry to hear about Izzi. I'm sure Fenda is quite happy to be
reunited with Izzi.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 14th 04, 04:18 PM
Sherry

Jeanette, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Just like many of the long-time married elderly couples of us hoomins, I think
sometimes when a beloved companion is lost, the one left behind just doesn't
want to stay with us.
Izzi and Fenda are together at the Bridge; I am sure of that.
Purrs to you for their memorries to comfort you.

Sherry
Old March 14th 04, 05:37 PM
Marina

"Jeanette" wrote
Yeah, it finally happened.

Our heartfelt condolences and purrs for your aching heart.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 14th 04, 05:41 PM
lrulan

We will light a candle for Izzi's safe journey to the RB. She will be happy
there with Fenda.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old March 14th 04, 06:01 PM
Takayuki

"Jeanette" wrote:

Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet. She had been ill for two or three weeks, and had had a
steroid injection to perk her up, but she had hyperthyroidism, cardiac
myopathy (sp?) and a pretty bad heart murmur. Yesterday evening she refused
her supper, and this morning she didn't want cuddles, food, or water. We
took her to the vets, knowing that the end had come. She was almost
seventeen (we'd had her since she was eighteen months old) She's buried now,
in the back garden, next to Fenda. They were together for over fifteen
years, and will never be parted again. Izzi outlived her old companion by
only three months.

I'm so sorry to hear about Izzi. It's so sad hearing about losing
your life-long kitty companions.

Old March 14th 04, 06:17 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Perhaps Izzi and Fenda were like those human couples you read about
sometimes who had been together for a very long time. When one passes,
the other follows not too long after.

Condolences to you and your family on Izzi's passing.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com