Izzi - RIP

Old March 14th 04, 06:27 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:31:59 -0000, "Jeanette"
wrote:

Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet. She had been ill for two or three weeks, and had had a
steroid injection to perk her up, but she had hyperthyroidism, cardiac
myopathy (sp?) and a pretty bad heart murmur. Yesterday evening she refused
her supper, and this morning she didn't want cuddles, food, or water. We
took her to the vets, knowing that the end had come. She was almost
seventeen (we'd had her since she was eighteen months old) She's buried now,
in the back garden, next to Fenda. They were together for over fifteen
years, and will never be parted again. Izzi outlived her old companion by
only three months.

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

Jeanette

Why do you call him "fat and stupid?" Did you not give him the
attention you gave the other cqts?
Old March 14th 04, 06:41 PM
Lois Reay

"Jeanette" wrote in message

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

Jeanette

Sincere condolences on your loss of Izzi (and Fenda) may all your memories
of them be happy ones.

Purrs
Lois

Old March 14th 04, 06:49 PM
Bev

Lois Reay wrote:

"Jeanette" wrote in message

It feels like the end of an era. We only have Ripley now, fat stupid cat
that he is. We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats Protection
and find another cat to join the family, but for now we just want to
remember Izzi and Fenda.

Jeanette

Sincere condolences on your loss of Izzi (and Fenda) may all your memories
of them be happy ones.

Purrs
Lois

I know how sad you must be feeling Jeanette, I am so sorry.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 14th 04, 08:15 PM
Steve Touchstone

Hugs and purrs - l;ighting a candle for the journey to the RB

wrote:

[...]

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 14th 04, 08:49 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 14th 04, 09:07 PM
Jeanette

Steve Touchstone wrote in message
Hugs and purrs - l;ighting a candle for the journey to the RB

Thank you, all of you who have replied. It means a lot to us, as I'm sure
many of you know.

Old March 14th 04, 09:22 PM
polonca12000

So very sorry to hear that.
Lots of hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Jeanette" wrote in message
Yeah, it finally happened. This morning we had to take Izzi for the final
trip to the vet. snip

Old March 14th 04, 09:24 PM
Jeanette

John F. Eldredge wrote in message
We know that in a month or so, we'll go to Cats
Protection and find another cat to join the family, but for now we
just want to remember Izzi and Fenda.

I feel for you. I plan to get a second cat to keep Cinders company,
now that Katie is gone, but am waiting until I find a new job.

I think you're doing the right thing, you need to be sure before you bring
another cat into the family.

Old March 14th 04, 10:43 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

wrote:

[...]

I am so sorry, Jeanette. Purrs for Izzi on her journey to the Bridge,
and healing heart purrs for you.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn