I'm so tired

Old March 16th 04, 04:20 AM
GraceCat

Default I'm so tired

I've been going strong for the last 22 hours. I don't think any of us
have slowed down yet. Jody just crashed, he's been up for a solid 40
hours. Jerry, my FIL, was beginning to nap at the funeral home about an
hour ago.

Abi handled everything much better than I ever imagined she would. She's
asked a couple times what's going on. And at the home, her daddy was
holding her looking at her grandmother and she said she was "a little
scared Daddy". So he took her back out and she found my parents and
started laughing and playing ten minutes later. She was sooooooooo
mature tonight. I am very proud of her. And she surprised me. I didn't
want her there. I didn't want her carrying those memories at such a
tender age. But Jody wanted her to be there at least for a few minutes
(10-15) but she won't be there for the service tomorrow.

My father in law heard her move through the house in the middle of his
shower, she was going towards the bedroom. He turned the shower off, got
out, dressed and crawled in bed. When he went to hug/kiss her goodnight,
he realized she was gone. Three, maybe four minutes had passed, five.
Hell, as long as it takes anybody to towel off and wander in the
bedroom.

Right now I'm eating Wendy's chili. Food for the first time in thirty
six hours. Jody ate lunch today so he's doing good on that end.

Thanks so much for the condolences, wishes and prayers. Jody's bass boat
message board is turning them out just as fast and he has said it means
a lot to him that people all over the world will stop and grieve for a
moment.

Tomorrow 3:30 central USA time That's when the services are scheduled
for.
Grace

Old March 16th 04, 04:49 AM
Sam Nash

"GraceCat" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and prayers of comfort continuing for you and your family, Grace.
Sam

Old March 16th 04, 05:06 AM
Christine Burel

We'll be thinking of you all -- hugs. Hope you can both get some rest and
time to yourselves.
Christine

Old March 16th 04, 05:46 AM
Jo Firey

"GraceCat" wrote in message

My father in law heard her move through the house in the middle of his
shower, she was going towards the bedroom. He turned the shower off, got
out, dressed and crawled in bed. When he went to hug/kiss her goodnight,
he realized she was gone. Three, maybe four minutes had passed, five.
Hell, as long as it takes anybody to towel off and wander in the
bedroom.

At least take what comfort you can in how easy this was for your MIL. It is
awful for those left behind with no chance to say goodbye or to be prepared
in any way.

I'm so glad Abi is dealing with this so well. And her presence and Eve's
will be a major comfort to everyone. A reminder of how precious life is.

You will all be in my prayers.

Jo

Old March 16th 04, 06:24 AM
Yowie

Our purrs are with you and your Family, Grace.

I think Jody is being wise, because I am *still* disspointed with my parents
that they stopped me going to my Nana's funeral. I think perhaps I was older
than your Abi (I was 10), but I knew that she had died, and had no way of
expressing that grief in the the correct cultural context because I never
got to go through the funeral ritual - my parents wanted to "shield me" as
well. Abi is alot younger of course, and probably isn't up to the a whole
funeral, but please make sure that she can do something symbolic and
important (at least to her) to commerate her grandmother's life and her
death. It may be very important to her later to feel t at she did
participate in an important family ritual, and have her feelings about it
acknowledged and validated (which is really what funerals are about) even if
its not the full adult version.

From what you've written, I don't think you are dismissing her as "just a
kid who wouldn't understand", but wanted to let you know how I felt about
being treated as like that when I jolly well *did* understand. I don't even
have a grave site to visit, so it sorta feels like I never got to say
goodbye to my Nana properly. And that *still* hurts after 24 years.

Hope I"m not telling you how to suck eggs at this sensitive time, but its
something I (obviously) feel quite strongly about.

Yowie

Old March 16th 04, 10:28 PM
polonca12000

Lots of hugs and purrs for you and your family, Grace,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"GraceCat" wrote in message
I've been going strong for the last 22 hours. I don't think any of us
have slowed down yet. Jody just crashed, he's been up for a solid 40
hours. Jerry, my FIL, was beginning to nap at the funeral home about an
hour ago.

Abi handled everything much better than I ever imagined she would. snip

Old March 17th 04, 12:22 AM
GraceCat

You're not Yowie. And she.... I"m extremely proud of my girl. Her
behavior was outstanding and she made sure to hug her grandpaw and her
daddy several times. I worried about her fears, how everything might be
scary but I shouldn't have.

He's waiting on me. I need to go. But thank you. I'm glad I didn't fight
this. I was indeed proved "wrong".

Grace

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

From what you've written, I don't think you are dismissing her as

"just a

Old March 17th 04, 06:48 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "GraceCat"
wrote:

You're not Yowie. And she.... I"m extremely proud of my girl. Her
behavior was outstanding and she made sure to hug her grandpaw and her
daddy several times. I worried about her fears, how everything might be
scary but I shouldn't have.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} and Spiceypurrs to you and your family.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.