Roxy (RB)

Old March 17th 04, 10:18 PM

Marina wrote:

When I saw the subject line, I looked at the poster immediately -
not Joyce, whew! Although it is always tragic to hear about one of
our furry masters' passing, it stings a little bit more when it's
someone you "know" from this group.

I know what you mean! Well, we *do* know them - we've heard stories
about them, seen their pictures, gotten to know their slaves, sometimes
for years - so it is really sad and kind of shocking when a cat we know
from this ng suddenly goes to the RB.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Joyce
Old March 17th 04, 10:30 PM
Takayuki

"Lois Reay" wrote:

How sad! Was this one of your kittens? I feel sorry for the children in
the house - pet loss was so traumatic for me when I was a kid. And her
poor kitty friend! Purrs for all of them.

Joyce (who hopes not to have to post this subject line for a long, long
time!!)

Yes Joyce, both kitties in the household came from me, no easy task telling
kids about the death of their much loved pet.

It is very sad. I sometimes think that no human should have to
experience outliving his or her cat.

Old March 17th 04, 10:38 PM

LOL wrote:

Yes, my heart stopped for a second when I saw this header. As sad as
this is, I was glad it wasn't the Roxy I'd thought of first thing.

Thank you for thinking of my girl! She's doing fine, thank Bast. Right
now she's asleep on top of a box which sits on a high bookshelf. It's
one of the highest places in the house, and all the cats like it, but
it's Roxy's special spot.

Actually, she's currently *inside* the box - it used to contain old
documents that needed to be shredded, and it was packed full. So a cat
could easily sleep on top of it. But the other night I went to a friend's,
who has an industrial-strength shredder, and now almost all of the papers
that were in the box have become confetti. So the box is nearly empty
now. The first time Roxy tried to get *on* the box after I'd put it back,
post-shredding, she fell inside it, LOL. But now she's very happily
curled up inside it. Only problem is, I can't see her anymore. I spent
10 minutes this morning looking all over the house for her, calling for
her, and finally she poked her head out from the top of the box, looking
down at me all sleepy and blinky-eyed.

(Oh, about the shredded paper - my friend and I always dump off our
shreddings at her local Humane Society, because they use it for rabbit
litter. But I forgot to dump it this last time, and got home with 3
big garbage bags full of shreddings! This friend lives about 40 miles
away, so I'm not going back there. Guess I'll have to find a shelter
around here that'll take it... otherwise, my paper recycling bin is
going to be *very* full next week!)

Joyce
Old March 17th 04, 10:39 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:22:22 +1300, "Lois Reay"
wrote:

Just had a phone call from a very distraught cat slave, her just over two
year old lilac Burmese, Roxanne was found dead on the road this morning, a
kind man came in to tell her and offered to bury Roxy in the garden for her,
an offer she accepted.

Elwood Blue, Roxy's six month old Burmese mate is already looking for her,
they were inseparable.

The slave is yet to inform the children of the household as they are at
school.

Purrs for Roxy, Elwood Blue and the hoomins.

Lois

Purrs for those who will miss her, and lighting a candle for her trip
to the RB

Also, thanks to the kindly man, not only for telling her and helping
bury Roxy, but his act saved the kids from possibly discovering her on
the road.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 18th 04, 12:13 AM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:30:40 -0500, Takayuki
yodeled:

"Lois Reay" wrote:

How sad! Was this one of your kittens? I feel sorry for the children in
the house - pet loss was so traumatic for me when I was a kid. And her
poor kitty friend! Purrs for all of them.

Joyce (who hopes not to have to post this subject line for a long, long
time!!)

Yes Joyce, both kitties in the household came from me, no easy task telling
kids about the death of their much loved pet.

It is very sad. I sometimes think that no human should have to
experience outliving his or her cat.

I pray I do, as much as it hurts, because I'm single, and if I stay
that way, I won't be able to guarantee that they will have someone to
care for them when I am gone.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 18th 04, 01:34 AM
Brenda

"Lois Reay" wrote in message
Just had a phone call from a very distraught cat slave, her just over two
year old lilac Burmese, Roxanne was found dead on the road this morning, a
kind man came in to tell her and offered to bury Roxy in the garden for

her,
an offer she accepted.

Elwood Blue, Roxy's six month old Burmese mate is already looking for her,
they were inseparable.

The slave is yet to inform the children of the household as they are at
school.

Purrs for Roxy, Elwood Blue and the hoomins.

Lois

how sad! sending comforting purrs.
Brenda

Old March 18th 04, 03:13 AM
Takayuki

"Lois Reay" wrote:

Yes Joyce, both kitties in the household came from me, no easy task telling
kids about the death of their much loved pet.

It is very sad. I sometimes think that no human should have to
experience outliving his or her cat.

I pray I do, as much as it hurts, because I'm single, and if I stay
that way, I won't be able to guarantee that they will have someone to
care for them when I am gone.

That's a good point. I keep forgetting that cats don't grow up, go to
college, move out of the house, get married, and bear your
grandchildren.

I couldn't stand the thought of losing my kitty though.

Old March 18th 04, 10:17 AM
Adrian

Lois Reay wrote:
Just had a phone call from a very distraught cat slave, her just over
two year old lilac Burmese, Roxanne was found dead on the road this
morning, a kind man came in to tell her and offered to bury Roxy in
the garden for her, an offer she accepted.

Elwood Blue, Roxy's six month old Burmese mate is already looking for
her, they were inseparable.

The slave is yet to inform the children of the household as they are
at school.

Purrs for Roxy, Elwood Blue and the hoomins.

Lois

How very sad, I will light a candle for Roxy and purrs for Elwood Blue and
the hoomins.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 18th 04, 11:52 AM
JP Hobbs

Purrs for Roxy that is tragic and I know how you feel, as I found my white
burmese Zac the same way,so Purrs toRoxy's meowmie too Jean.P.

Old March 19th 04, 05:47 AM
Gandalf

wrote:

Just had a phone call from a very distraught cat slave, her just over two
year old lilac Burmese, Roxanne was found dead on the road this morning, a
kind man came in to tell her and offered to bury Roxy in the garden for her,
an offer she accepted.

Elwood Blue, Roxy's six month old Burmese mate is already looking for her,
they were inseparable.

The slave is yet to inform the children of the household as they are at
school.

Purrs for Roxy, Elwood Blue and the hoomins.

Lois

I'm very sorry to hear of this terrible news. This is hard enough on
adults, but devastating for children. And poor Roxy, too.
My deepest sympathies for the survivors.

- Robert Heinlein