Ping Melissa

Old April 3rd 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Melissa

How is dear unka Pan doing now? Just thought you could use a {{{{{hug}}}}}

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 3rd 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

He's creaking along, and I cannot bring myself to make that last
appointment quite yet. But there is a clear contrast between his
demeanor and appearance and that of the two young healthy girl cats.
And I see the weariness in his eyes that you described in Frank's eyes
in his last days. We've spent the weekend doing some serious cuddling
and heavy petting, and he's getting lots of treats and spoiling. He
definitely knows he's loved. I'm just not brave enough yet, and I keep
vacillating between he's ready/not ready.

{{{Marina}}} Thanks for the hugs! They never go amiss!

Melissa

Old April 5th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pan Update: I think it's going to be tomorrow, everyone. Pan is telling
me in the clearest way that a cat can that he is ready to go. I didn't
believe him last week, but I do, now. I'm still not ready for this, but
I am closer to ready than I was last week. Pan hasn't eaten anything
since yesterday morning, and is very quiet and listless. I've been
trying to coax him to eat with his favorite treat foods, but it is
not working. Last night, he didn't even want a bite of my broiled
chicken which was normally his favorite. Even when I held a tidbit
right under his nose, he just turned his head away, and the result is
the same this morning. I would take him in today, except that I have to
work noon to nine, and I don't want to be bawling in front of library
patrons. Tomorrow, I won't have to be at work until five p.m. which
will give me some time to collect myself before I have to face the
public. So please, more purrs for my old dear as he prepares to cross
the Rainbow Bridge.
Sadly,
Melissa

Old April 5th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
[...]

I feel so sad for you, but you have to believe it's the best thing you
can do for Pan. I am so sorry. Hugs and purrs on the way for you both.
tears

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 5th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Purrs for a gentle passing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 5th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote in message
oups.com

So please, more purrs for my old dear as he prepares to cross
the Rainbow Bridge.
Sadly,
Melissa

I'm reading this with tears in my eyes. Many purrs and prayers for a
safe passing and for it to be gentle.

Helen M

Old April 5th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ah geez Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear that. Purrs for your broken heart.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

oups.com...

Old April 5th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:

[...]

I'm so so sorry to hear this, Melissa!
We are sending lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 5th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote
Pan Update: I think it's going to be tomorrow, everyone.

SO sorry, but it is the kindest most caring thing you can do for him
now.

Purrs for Pan and his people.

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki
In loving memory of Aries, Kensey & Pericles.