Jellicle Memories

Old November 4th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
fuzzmonsters

Default Jellicle Memories

I have just spent the past few hours going back into the archives and
re-reading the posts about the first Ball and what all went into it. A
lot of things I had forgotten, like the MC laser cannon on the space
station and the light show they planned. The discussion of whether we
should include the Pollicle d*gs. All the planning and just lots and
lots of love and fun.

We started planning the first one in June of 1996. My but that makes
me feel old. There was a lot that went into it and I'm thinking it
may be worthwhile to repost some of them. Anyone interested in a bit
of history?

We used to have a re-posting of these each year prior to the Ball,
does anyone here still have some of the files?

mb

Old November 4th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

"fuzzmonsters" wrote in message
I have just spent the past few hours going back into the archives and
re-reading the posts about the first Ball and what all went into it. A
lot of things I had forgotten, like the MC laser cannon on the space
station and the light show they planned. The discussion of whether we
should include the Pollicle d*gs. All the planning and just lots and
lots of love and fun.

We started planning the first one in June of 1996. My but that makes
me feel old. There was a lot that went into it and I'm thinking it
may be worthwhile to repost some of them. Anyone interested in a bit
of history?

We used to have a re-posting of these each year prior to the Ball,
does anyone here still have some of the files?

mb

If Usenet keeps these cashed somewhere several of us could divide up the
years
and cut and paste the posts we find into either a ng post, or to then
combine onto a PDF for storage on a website or certainly put it all
together and save on PCs for yearly posting.
We seem to be talking about 11 years, some having more pre-planning than
others.
Could we get that many, or half that many sekkerterreez to work on it?
I would be willing to take a year or two. Where are the archives?
Sylvia M.

Old November 4th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Me

iffin yud like a place to store all da storiez weze volunteerz ar
hoomin, who jest renewed hur domane fur 10 mor yeers. She kant do much
more den make a basik web page, but den we kud frequently post a link to
wer da storiez iz (maybe wit da birfday postin?).

Snowflake

Cory wrote:

In article ,
says...

"fuzzmonsters" wrote in message
. ..

I have just spent the past few hours going back into the archives and
re-reading the posts about the first Ball and what all went into it. A
lot of things I had forgotten, like the MC laser cannon on the space
station and the light show they planned. The discussion of whether we
should include the Pollicle d*gs. All the planning and just lots and
lots of love and fun.

We started planning the first one in June of 1996. My but that makes
me feel old. There was a lot that went into it and I'm thinking it
may be worthwhile to repost some of them. Anyone interested in a bit
of history?

We used to have a re-posting of these each year prior to the Ball,
does anyone here still have some of the files?

mb

If Usenet keeps these cashed somewhere

http://groups.google.com would be the place to look for archived
Jellicle Ball posts. Just Google: Jellicle Ball and you should be off
to a good start. I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow (sunday), since
I'm gonna be home now anyway. I like the idea of divvying up years,
FWIW, too. That way, it's not such an enormous task for just 2-3
kitties.

--- Unca Cory

Old November 4th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

I looked some of those up yesterday too. Everything appears to still be on
Google, as I searched for some things I remembered, and it seemed to be all
there, even people barging in to tell us to shut up the babytalk. snork!

Old November 4th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

So, where are thuh memories, Auntie mb? We wanna heer sum stories.

Princess Pasha, who wuz there and Phoebe & Emma, who were not twine around
thuh auntie's ankles, begging for stories and treets

Old November 4th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Some Moore Cats

In article
wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

To search the archives pre-split (as in for the '96 Jellicle Ball or
to learn of the Great Troll Hunts, etc), search in rpc -
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats/topics?hl=en . It's at
archive status only now but there's tons of stuff out there to find.
There's a search box in the upper right of the screen. After the
split, then of course, search rpcc -
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.community/topics?hl=en

I am heading out of town in the morning for a couple weeks of business
travel or I would volunteer for a couple years of archive retrieval
duty. I may be able to squeeze some in, but am unsure of my schedule
at this point.

Melanie

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Old November 4th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Dat wud be hewlpfol, Snowflake.
juzt furr footcher info, if it getz dun, wat iz da URL?

Pit2nya

"Me" wrote in message
iffin yud like a place to store all da storiez weze volunteerz ar hoomin,
who jest renewed hur domane fur 10 mor yeers. She kant do much more den
make a basik web page, but den we kud frequently post a link to wer da
storiez iz (maybe wit da birfday postin?).

Snowflake

Cory wrote:

In article ,
says...

Old November 4th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

You hav to be pashient, swweeteez, it will take a while to put together.
If we have 6 sekkerterreez, or 11 sekkerterreez do the woik, it mite get
done by Valentines day...or so...?

Anti Sylvia, Pit2nya's meowmee an slave

Old November 4th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

Payshent? Whutz payshent?
Princess Pasha, typical impayshent cat

"Ellie" wrote in message
[...]

Question About Cat Memories? Curse Of Millhaven Cat health & behaviour 3 July 2nd 07 04:13 PM
Memories Kathryn Cat anecdotes 10 January 17th 07 07:36 PM
Christmas memories Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 December 30th 04 04:29 AM
Memories of Franny Cat TBird Cat anecdotes 8 May 6th 04 11:55 PM