Kan I aks fur sum purrs pleeze?

Old May 13th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Kan I aks fur sum purrs pleeze?

All I have heard is that some arthritis and pain medicine can react with
this.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
yes you iz moztli rite, it kan reakt wif sum pain meds anna it kan alzo
make
sum hoominwif senstifity to fishee anna shellz fudz sik, Trudi, who reads
wif soft
Fred wrote in message
Glucosamine Sulphate isn't really a medicine. It's just a food
supplement. It is made from the shells of lobsters and such things.
It is just the raw material for building smooth joints and doesn't do
ennything chemical at all. It's supposed to be really safe and
natural. I take it all the time and have never before heard of any one
having a problem with it.
I stay away from doctors unless I go to the hospital in an

ambulance.
I find they are just pushing drugs for the large pharmceutical
companies. For regualar stuff, I go to a naturopathic doctor and get
natural, effective treatments with no side effects. It has helped me a
lot just knowing what foods to avoid. Maybe Mosey's Mom should avoid
glucosamine?

Fred

On Monday 12 May 2008 22:35, Granby wrote:

Mosey, did you mean glucosamine? If your Mom is taking arthritis
medicine
she should never take over the counter stuff without asking her
doctor. I swear by the stuff but an not on any prescribed medication
"Mosey =^. .^=" wrote in message
. ..
Meown Paw iz sufferin frum depressun n he kant shake et n he feelz
wurthluss n iz sew sadd awl da tyme. Heis takin sun natural tings
fur it, but he needs tew tawk tew sumbuddy bout et but hiz insuranse
wont cuver him fer dat n dat makes Mewomie sadd n she huggs him n
tellz him she luves him n prays fur him tew be bedder.
He lost hizown job in 2001 and iz on dizzability n worried bout
toonas cuz he kant find wurk.
Meowmie wuz sik on Meowmies Day cuz she tryed sum medisin cawled
gloosime
sumptin anna et made hur sew sick awl day n hur neez hurt hur sew
badd, but dat duznt stop hur frum takin gudgud kare uf Paw n usses 4.
So, i wood preeciate sum purrz fur Paw tew feel bedder.
Fangu furry mutch
I wuv yew awl
Mosey
--worried

--
Peace,
Fred

Old May 13th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Tabitha Fluffytail[_2_]

On Mon, 12 May 2008 23:32:05 -0700, Rebecca wrote:

Yes, we will purr fur yurown Paw. Owrown Meowmie haz depessinmonsterz, too,
but da hoomin TED haz hewped herownsewf an da monsterz haznt bovvered
herownself fur lotsa time. But she still rememfurz how bad it kan be.

Sundance

Hoomin note: Does your county have any mental health programs that might
help? Please know that depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, and
that the worthless feelings are coming from that and not from anything real.

Sandy

Yeah, mine Paw was gonna say da same fing. Dere might be some county
programs dat could hep yours Paw. Bof of mineown hoomins haf to deal wif
depression-monsters, and da pills can help a lot. An so can talking wif
someone who knows bout doze fings.

We is all purring fur yours Paw, but wez also hope he will look for da
county folks.

Tabitha
Old May 13th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Meowmie wuz sik on Meowmies Day cuz she tryed sum medisin cawled gloosime
sumptin anna et made hur sew sick awl day n hur neez hurt hur sew badd, but
dat duznt stop hur frum takin gudgud kare uf Paw n usses 4.
So, i wood preeciate sum purrz fur Paw tew feel bedder.
Fangu furry mutch
I wuv yew awl
Mosey
--worried

Mineown Meowmie can't take dat stuff. Her is allergic to shellfish, and
dat stuff is made from shellfish stuffz. It makes Meowmie really, really
sick too.

Dere is a brand dat is processed extra special well dat Meowmie can take.
I can't rememfur da name, but I will purr to Meowmie tonight an see if her
rememfurs. Her can take dat brand wifout gettin sick.

Sammy
Old May 13th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat[_2_]

I stay away from doctors unless I go to the hospital in an ambulance.
I find they are just pushing drugs for the large pharmceutical
companies. For regualar stuff, I go to a naturopathic doctor and get
natural, effective treatments with no side effects. It has helped me a
lot just knowing what foods to avoid. Maybe Mosey's Mom should avoid
glucosamine?

My hoomin male agrees with Uncle Fred - he doesn't like going to doctors
if he can possibly avoid it.

My Meowmie has arthritis but she can't take most glucosamine - she's
allergic to shellfish. There is a brand of glucosamine that is prepared
differently (perhaps filtered better, or processed differently?) that
doesn't make her sick. I can't recall the brand, but I'll try to find it.

Cleo
Old May 13th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Purrs an calmin thotz speedin on der way frum Catnada. Owr meowmie
suffurz frum deepreshun tu. Sheez bin on disabilitee sins 1992, an
went thru a peeriud uv feelin wurthluss. She deesidid dat she had tu
dude sumfin dat wud help hur git dat sens uv wurth bak, an datz wen
she startid wurkin in cat reskew.

DaRennieKidz

Hoomin note: I know that feeling all too well, and it's horrible.
Maybe the family doctor could point you in the direction of someone to
talk to. My doctor sent me to a psychiatrist, who suggested I
volunteer somewhere. Once I started working in cat rescue, I realized
that I am worth something (as we all are). Although it doesn't solve
the problems at hand, it does take the mind off them, if even for a
little while. Maybe volunteering somewhere is an option as well?

I read about a natural product for helping to control depression.
It's called Holy Basil, and is supposed to increase the body's
resistance to internal and external stress. It's completely safe, and
has no known drug interactions. The only adverse thing I read about
it is that it may have a slight blood-thinning and hypoglycemic
effect.

Heather

Old May 13th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On May 12, 7:52*pm, "Mosey =^. .^=" wrote:
Meown Paw iz sufferin frum depressun n he kant shake et n he feelz wurthluss
n iz sew sadd awl da tyme. *Heis takin sun natural tings fur it, but he
needs tew tawk tew sumbuddy bout et but hiz insuranse wont cuver him fer dat
n dat makes Mewomie sadd n she huggs him n tellz him she luves him n prays
fur him tew be bedder.
He lost hizown job in 2001 and iz on dizzability n worried bout toonas
cuz he kant find wurk.
Meowmie wuz sik on Meowmies Day cuz she tryed sum medisin cawled gloosime
sumptin anna et made hur *sew sick awl day n hur neez hurt hur sew badd, but
dat duznt stop hur frum takin gudgud kare uf Paw n usses 4.
So, i wood preeciate sum purrz fur Paw tew feel bedder.
Fangu furry mutch
I wuv yew awl
Mosey
--worried

Deer Mosey nosepoink Wee will purr four yor paw an yoor hole fambly.
Dat 'presshun iz bad/evul an rong. Wee hop hee fin a weigh too fite
it. Uncl Bill sez it iz kemical, cept dat wimmnz get it frum goin outz
wiff him. Butted bad sircumstances ken mak da kemical depreshun
worser.

Yor Paw gots yoor meomiee and yoo cats, sew he got blesseengs too
kount. Butted he gneeds your supportz an couragment.

--
Maggy May an WooToo
Old May 13th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 13:58, Will in New Haven wrote:

On May 12, 7:52Â*pm, "Mosey =^. .^=" wrote:
Meown Paw iz sufferin frum depressun n he kant shake et n he feelz
wurthluss n iz sew sadd awl da tyme. Â*Heis takin sun natural tings
fur it, but he needs tew tawk tew sumbuddy bout et but hiz insuranse
wont cuver him fer dat n dat makes Mewomie sadd n she huggs him n
tellz him she luves him n prays fur him tew be bedder.
He lost hizown job in 2001 and iz on dizzability n worried bout
toonas cuz he kant find wurk.
Meowmie wuz sik on Meowmies Day cuz she tryed sum medisin cawled
gloosime sumptin anna et made hur Â*sew sick awl day n hur neez hurt
hur sew badd, but dat duznt stop hur frum takin gudgud kare uf Paw n
usses 4. So, i wood preeciate sum purrz fur Paw tew feel bedder.
Fangu furry mutch
I wuv yew awl
Mosey
--worried

Deer Mosey nosepoink Wee will purr four yor paw an yoor hole fambly.
Dat 'presshun iz bad/evul an rong. Wee hop hee fin a weigh too fite
it. Uncl Bill sez it iz kemical, cept dat wimmnz get it frum goin outz
wiff him. Butted bad sircumstances ken mak da kemical depreshun
worser.

Yor Paw gots yoor meomiee and yoo cats, sew he got blesseengs too
kount. Butted he gneeds your supportz an couragment.

Yeah, It's difficult to pinpoint what goes on with depression. The
people saying it's a checmical imbalance are the people trying to sell
a chemical cure, and the real answer will probably be elsewhere. There
may be a chemical imbalance detectable with the depression, but that is
not the cause. Something has to create the chemical imbalance.
I think the answer can be spiritual or ... whatever. If I knew the
answer to that one I'd be in the business of curing it.

--
Peace,
Fred
Old May 13th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On May 12, 7:52*pm, "Mosey =^. .^=" wrote:
[...]

For some people, there's a chemical imbalance and a chemical cure.
Having known a couple of people like that, I'll let your deep, dark
suspiciouns of the medical industry lie there. For others, there seems
to be a link to external circumstances that makes the whole chemical
thing somewhat suspicious. In _theory_ a person with the chemical
imbalance would not feel better if he or she had a job/a better love
life/a cat or some other good factor in life. But they often do. In
_theory_ a person without the chemical imbalance would not be phased
very much by losing a job/losing a love affair/not having a cat but
they often are.

Feeling bad because of circumstances is not supposed to be clinical
depression but most of the people I have known with clinical
depression had something to feel very bad about already.

--
Will in New Haven

Old May 13th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] is offline
Banned

Fangu furry mutch
Mosey
"Ann"
Purrs on the way.

Samwise

--
in Connecticut
see my cats at
. ..

Old May 13th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] Mosey =^. .^=[_2_] is offline
Banned

Hoomin note.
Yeah, that's what it was and I can't take anything for arthritis because of
stomach problems. I talked to the pharmacist and she said the glucosamine
condrodrian (sp) could cause stomach upset too, so I'm not taking it any
more. I have had stomach issues where I can't take 'any' kind of anti
inflammority for my arthritis. :/
I'm glad it's helping you sweetie. It seems to help DH too.
I'm on a lot of Rx's for my thyroid, high BP and I just can't win.
Hug
Kyla
"Granby"