Alaska OT

Old March 27th 04, 07:30 PM
Bev

Default Alaska OT

We have just booked a cruise to Alaska and hope to meet members of the
group who might be unlucky enough to be in our path lol.

Here it is. We leave New Zealand on the 1st August and fly to San
Francisco for 3 days then onto to Vancouver for three days then do the
two week cruise ending at Fairbanks. From there (tentatively) we hope
to fly to Las Vegas where we will make enough money to pay for the trip,
rofl and from there to Burbank, have a few days in LA and fly home.
Wheeeeeeeeee.

Haven't told the cats yet!!! Thought they might have to go into a
cattery but I think Kay (Ollie's x-slave) will be prepared to house-sit
the kitties for the month we are away. She is between houses and wants
to do a bit of house sitting for fun!

We have been away for a few days and put the kitties in the dreaded cat
house with Kay's daughter Mandy (she lives next door) in charge.
Everything went swimmingly, the house is very cozy. Mandy thought
seriously about letting them out but thought she might never catch
them!!

Bev

--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 27th 04, 08:07 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bev wrote:

We have just booked a cruise to Alaska and hope to meet members of the
group who might be unlucky enough to be in our path lol.

Here it is. We leave New Zealand on the 1st August and fly to San
Francisco for 3 days then onto to Vancouver for three days then do the
two week cruise ending at Fairbanks. From there (tentatively) we hope
to fly to Las Vegas where we will make enough money to pay for the trip,
rofl and from there to Burbank, have a few days in LA and fly home.
Wheeeeeeeeee.

Any chance you'll have time to meet LA rpca members? (North Hollywood
is more or less adjacent to Burbank.)

Old March 27th 04, 08:47 PM
Lois Reay

"Bev" wrote in message
We have just booked a cruise to Alaska and hope to meet members of the
group who might be unlucky enough to be in our path lol.

Lucky, lucky you Bev, I am sooooooooooo envious!!

Lois

Old March 27th 04, 08:47 PM
Bev

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Bev wrote:

[...]

Evelyn, I sure hope to meet LA members. I don't know how many live in
LA. When we have been to LA in the past we have always stayed with my
cousin in Burbank. We possibly will this time but as she is now in her
eighties and I am not sure about her health we might just grab a motel
and have people visit us there. When I have it all organised I will
post our addy and phone number in LA. We won't be doing any driving in
LA for obvious reasons, i.e. we drive on the other side of the road and
traffic in LA terrifies me, lol. So people will have to visit us.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 28th 04, 12:24 AM
John Biltz

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:30:06 -0800, Bev wrote
(in article ):

If you do make it down to Vegas let me know. I'd love to meet you.

Old March 28th 04, 12:47 AM
Tish S

Bon voyage Bev - hope you have a wonderful trip! Don't forget the
mosquito repellant for Alaska, I gather that the blackflies and
mozzies in Alaska are quite fierce!

Tish
happy for Bev and furiously scratching my itchy feet!

Old March 28th 04, 12:59 AM
Jo Firey

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
Bon voyage Bev - hope you have a wonderful trip! Don't forget the
mosquito repellant for Alaska, I gather that the blackflies and
mozzies in Alaska are quite fierce!

Tish
happy for Bev and furiously scratching my itchy feet!

Yes. They are not exaggerated. Don't go outdoors in summer in Alaska
without mosquito repellant. I once had a mosquito bite me in the heel thru
the tennis shoes I was wearing at the time. I watched it happen, could not
believe it could actually manage, but ended up with the welt to prove it.

Jo

Old March 28th 04, 02:07 AM
Kreisleriana

On 27 Mar 2004 16:47:01 -0800, (Tish S) yodeled:

Bon voyage Bev - hope you have a wonderful trip! Don't forget the
mosquito repellant for Alaska, I gather that the blackflies and
mozzies in Alaska are quite fierce!

It's the state bird.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 28th 04, 02:48 AM
lrulan

Bev and John, have a great time planning your trip. Unfortunately, Jazz and
I are on the other side of the USA so we won't be able to meet you this time
around. Take lots of pictures and keep us updated.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old March 28th 04, 04:01 AM
Bev

Kreisleriana wrote:

On 27 Mar 2004 16:47:01 -0800, (Tish S) yodeled:

Bon voyage Bev - hope you have a wonderful trip! Don't forget the
mosquito repellant for Alaska, I gather that the blackflies and
mozzies in Alaska are quite fierce!

It's the state bird.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

I never connected mosquitos with Alaska, will put mozzie repellant on my
list!!!! The worst place for mozzies in New Zealand is our South
Island. Down there they are as big as sparrows, lol.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.