Pregnancy and Heat

Old July 23rd 03, 09:36 AM
*~*SooZy*~*

Default Pregnancy and Heat

"No One But Me" wrote in message
how pregnant is she? when is she due? maybe its time to prepare for her
delivery.

"DeAnna" wrote in message
Is it possible for a cat to come in heat when she already appears to be

pregnant?

I am afraid I am not much of an expert on cat pregnancy, as I don't let

my
cats get 'that
way'...this is an adult captured feral, who was 'that way' when we

caught
her.

The vet says she is pregnant, but she has been exhibiting the classic

signs of 'heat',
'yowling', rubbing, rolling, sticking her bottom in the air with tail

aside, etc.

TIA for any answers.

DK

sometimes queens do this 3 weeks after being mated, even if mated.
did the vet scan her? have her nipples pinked up?

--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Old July 23rd 03, 04:16 PM
DeAnna

No pink yet. But constant "yowling", rubbing... wallering.... ugh! lol (And all night!)
Now the vet says he thinks she may not be preggers.... (The pregnancy diagnosis was not
based on ultrasound or anything, just palpation of the abdomen).

I am taking her in the morning for an exam, and if she isn't, she will be 'altered' at
that time....

I will let you all know.

Thanks!

D.

Old July 24th 03, 05:28 PM
No One But Me

also, this behavior will not stop until she is officially out of season. i
don't think pregnancy ends the season so to speak. she can still get
pregnant by more male toms (i think). this is evidenced by the fact that in
a litter there are so many different colors/kinds of kittens.

Old July 24th 03, 09:00 PM
DeAnna

Good news. No pregnancy. Better news, she should be just about coming 'round from the
anesthesia, and now joins her mom and her sister Gwyn as being an 'altered' female.

Hubby is bringing her home after work. Being still rather feral, this should be an
interesting night.

D.

Old July 25th 03, 11:27 AM
*~*SooZy*~*

"DeAnna" wrote in message
Good news. No pregnancy. Better news, she should be just about coming

'round from the
anesthesia, and now joins her mom and her sister Gwyn as being an

'altered' female.

Hubby is bringing her home after work. Being still rather feral, this

should be an
interesting night.

D.

cool :-) she will be much happier not calling I feel so sorry for a queen
who is so desperate to mate!

well done

Old July 25th 03, 09:17 PM
DeAnna

I feel so bad for her. She is laying around and I can tell by the "why did you do this to
me?" look, she is not happy with me.

She hasn't been fully domesticated yet, and has spent the day in my closet, until I went
to vacuum the room, and she leapt into the garden window, and messed herself. Let it
suffice to say I am finishing the sweeping in that room with the broom.....

Our "Adoptathon" cat who had 'broke loose' by pushing out a storm window, returned last
night, and even being fixed, she "talks" constantly. I don't think I could have handled
two of them like that. LOL.

D.