Why did you pick a cat over a dog?

Old February 4th 04, 11:38 PM
val189

first cat chose me - a stray who followed us home - until then , I was
a 'dog' person, but fell in love with the feline type too -

current cat I adopted bec. I knew his previous 'owner' and felt bad
that he was headed for the shelter....

much easier to have a cat -- dogs are great too, but not if you live
alone. btdt.
Old February 8th 04, 02:41 AM
Adam Helberg

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Yes, they can be walked on a leash and harness. I have one for Isis. She can
explore the outside and I have peace of mind knowing she is safe because her
harness is a retractable one. She also got used to the harness and leash at
an early age.

I do the same with Fred, 8 month old kitten. It gives him a chance to go outside with
the safety of indoors.

Old February 8th 04, 04:54 PM
Just Me

plus, wait......don't cats pick YOU? not you picking the cat?

--julia

Our second cat definitely picked us. We went to a local rescue (run out of a
lady's home). She showed us all the cats she had and I sat down on the floor
to interact with them. Tabitha came and sniffed me, rubbed around me then
climbed into my bag and looked at me as if to say "I'm ready to come home
now". She isn't the brightest of animals but she is very loving and
affectionate.

Jane

Old March 11th 04, 06:27 AM
josh

"Cat Protector" wrote in

I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for
them on the Internet.

hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

i found out the host for this web site anubis.ennui.net
i need as many people as possible to email the domain server and
ask them to take off the site from there server ..... please pass this
around

also found out the guys personal information from whois

chang, dr. michael wong
826 schermerhorn
new york, ny 10027
us
212-662-7544

i hope this information is usefull!!!!!!!

Old March 11th 04, 09:50 AM

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 05:27:17 GMT, josh wrote:

"Cat Protector" wrote in

I have two. I love cats so much I started a radio & TV station for
them on the Internet.

hey i found this site and i need help to take it off this
guy is promoting cat brutality bonsaikitten.com

i found out the host for this web site anubis.ennui.net
i need as many people as possible to email the domain server and
ask them to take off the site from there server ..... please pass this
around

also found out the guys personal information from whois

chang, dr. michael wong
826 schermerhorn
new york, ny 10027
us
212-662-7544

i hope this information is usefull!!!!!!!

I've seen this site and it is cruel. The link you gave didn't work,
so maybe it's already been taken offline. One can only hope.

I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I'd like to answer the
topic question for anyone interested.
First of all, I didn't really choose my cat, he chose me. I used to
work in a grocery store and a kitten was found one morning sleeping on
the cat food. He was about 8 weeks old and the people that found him
were just going to open the door and put him outside. I took him and
said I would find a home for him, but after putting him down on the
floor and having him follow me everywhere I went, I decided to adopt
him myself. I come from a family of dog people, so I had never had a
cat and even lived in an apartment that didn't allow them, but I
couldn't resist the little guy. (We moved after the landlord told me
to get rid of the cat) My co-workers that owned cats all pitched in
to get me what I needed to take him home and I named him Freddy after
the store. (Fred Meyer grocers)
It's been over 10 years and Freddy is still with me. He's healthy,
happy, and we love each other to death. He never leaves my sight when
I'm home and cries for me when I'm away at work. He is, indeed, my
child. (I'm 44 and never had children). I'm now a true cat person,
and much prefer them to dogs.
pepsi

Old March 11th 04, 11:23 AM
Ward Cleaver

A dog was never an option. I like cats more because, they are cleaner, you
don't have to pick up poop, they don't slobber, no stinky breath, they are
so much more graceful, and they're softer to pet. There is no better sound
in the world then a kitty purring. And I hate barking. Besides all that, I
got mauled by a dog when I was thirteen.
I love manx cats the most.