Happi Purrday Septimfurr Kitties!

Old September 9th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Default WAY OT ~ Jack Buck poem (WUZ ~ Happi Purrday Septimfurr Kitties!)

Cory wrote:
Stormmee wrote:
da rezun dat da babycat wuz named HK iz beclawz he wuz da lowdezt babycat
efur anna when soft wanted Mizz V to come home her wulld take HK onna patio
anna when he meowed herself wuuld come runnin, Soft lofez efurthin
basezballz. Her iz a cardinalz fan da mozt anna lofed jack buck

Jack Buck (RIP, Jack) is another announcer whom I have the utmost respect for. I
can still remember his post-9/11 tribute when baseball players returned
to the field after a respectful mourning period for all the lives that
were lost... and the lives that would be changed forever (which is just
about everyone's life, really).

Gives me the shivers just thinkin' about that moment and all that Buck
said that day...

--- Unca Cory, off to see if I can find that online somewhere... (I
will post it when I find it)

Found it...

"Since this nation was founded ... under God
More than 200 years ago
We have been the bastion of freedom
The light that keeps the free world aglow
We do not covet the possessions of others
We are blessed with the bounty we share.

We have rushed to help other nations
.... anything ... anytime ... anywhere.

War is just not our nature
We won't start ... but we will end the fight
If we are involved we shall be resolved
To protect what we know is right.

We have been challenged by a cowardly foe
Who strikes and then hides from our view.

With one voice we say, "There is no choice today,
There is only one thing to do.

Everyone is saying -- the same thing -- and praying
That we end these senseless moments we are living.

As our fathers did before ... we shall win this unwanted war
And our children ... will enjoy the future ... we'll be giving."

Old September 9th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Happi Purrday Septimfurr Kitties!

it was a beautiful tribute, soft,
Cory wrote in message
ups.com...
Stormmee wrote:
da rezun dat da babycat wuz named HK iz beclawz he wuz da lowdezt

babycat
efur anna when soft wanted Mizz V to come home her wulld take HK onna

patio
anna when he meowed herself wuuld come runnin, Soft lofez efurthin
basezballz. Her iz a cardinalz fan da mozt anna lofed jack buck

Jack Buck is another announcer whom I have the utmost respect for. I
can still remember his post-9/11 tribute when baseball players returned
to the field after a respectful mourning period for all the lives that
were lost... and the lives that would be changed forever (which is just
about everyone's life, really).

Gives me the shivers just thinkin' about that moment and all that Buck
said that day...

--- Unca Cory, off to see if I can find that online somewhere... (I
will post it when I find it)

butted her lofez any baseball, like yezterday, where soft lifez, if

herself hadda
notted been onna phone, her wulda liztened ta cubz, den whitesox den
cardinalz, her didn't hear ani kuz her wuz onna phone, TV, anna OEJ
Cory wrote in message
ups.com...
Stormmee wrote:
we sure iz glad you iz bak anna feelin betterer, TV
anna OEJ, remfurin deir littermatez atta brige wif deir momcat.

Old September 12th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Renee Babcock

Shahna wrote:
Happy Purrday tew yew,
Happy Purrday tew yew,
Happy Purrrrrrrrrday deer rpcc kitties,
Happy Purrday tew yew!
an mennee moor!

September 2006

1 - Captain Midnight, Longfellow, Neko, Norville
3 - Aladdin
4 - Katie
8 - Billie Jo, Ashley Ann
15 - Elektra, Mollie (not Molly)
24 - Bitty
29 - Tia Maria
? - Inti

Agan, if enny kitties yew no ar knot onda lizt,ore da dayte iz rong,
or dey mayde a twip tew da bridj hed solemly bowed, pleze let me no.
Fangu.

All sew, dere ar lotz uf kitties wiff edder da sayme nayme, ore
sumfing furry symulelur, sew I git katfooz sumtymes.

Shahna

--------------
Hi Shahna, Elektra crossed ofer da bridge 2 monfs ago. We wantid to
let yu no.

Thuh Renegades

Old September 13th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Julie Porter

"Renee Babcock" wrote in message
oups.com...

Shahna wrote:
[...]

Sow did Alladin.

Old September 13th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Stormmee wrote:
thank yourownsef, TV anna OEJ, watchin soft leak

I wept SO hard when Jack Buck read that poem on, IIRC, national
television when baseball came back. Not only was it a beautiful poem,
but Jack Buck looked so frail that I was pretty much convinced that
that would be the last time I'd see him on television. Nine months and
one week after 9/11, Jack passed away.

Jack Buck and Harry Caray were two of my favorite announcers. Now Chip
Caray and Joe Buck are two of my favorite announcers. There's a lot of
negativity toward Joe and Chip as broadcasters, and for the life of me,
I don't understand why. I love 'em to death. Joe Buck has one of the
friendliest broadcasting voices, IMHO, and Chip may not be as
technically good a broadcaster as Joe, but he's also a lot of fun to
listen to, and makes a ballgame exciting, and that's just as important.

--- Cory