PURR CHAIN FOR BETTY

Old November 16th 05, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default PURR CHAIN FOR BETTY

When a church member is scheduled for chemotherapy, surgery, or such we
start a prayer chain, more-or-less synchronizing in real time with the
procedure.

Can we sort of organize a collective purr chain for Betty on Thursday?
Sending purrs, prayers, or just good wishes her way. I believe in the
power of this. If everyone could just stop what they are doing, and
send some positive thoughts.

I'll have to leave it to someone a little more time-zone-savvy than I
am to co-ordinate a time.

Is anyone interested?

Sherry

Old November 16th 05, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...
When a church member is scheduled for chemotherapy, surgery, or such we
start a prayer chain, more-or-less synchronizing in real time with the
procedure.

Can we sort of organize a collective purr chain for Betty on Thursday?
Sending purrs, prayers, or just good wishes her way. I believe in the
power of this. If everyone could just stop what they are doing, and
send some positive thoughts.

I'll have to leave it to someone a little more time-zone-savvy than I
am to co-ordinate a time.

God knows no time zones, Sherry. Nor does whomever or
whatever else might act on "good wishes" etc. Makes sense,
doesn't it?

Old November 16th 05, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
I'll have to leave it to someone a little more time-zone-savvy than I
am to co-ordinate a time.

Thanks, Sherry. It's hard to remain optimistic, but I always think
that there's a small chance.

Old November 16th 05, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

rrb wrote:
I am. Can we find out the time when she is having her treatment so that
those who can at the time can do their best at the time she is being
treated? Of course purrs, and whatnot can be offered at any time.

All the best to little Betty.

rrb

I'm supposed to bring her in Thursday morning, that is about 32 hours
from now, at 9:00 EST. They should put her on the drip fairly shortly
after that, since the therapy lasts 6 hours, and it needs to be during
their business hours.

Old November 16th 05, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

I'm supposed to bring her in Thursday morning, that is about 32 hours
from now, at 9:00 EST. They should put her on the drip fairly shortly
after that, since the therapy lasts 6 hours, and it needs to be during
their business hours.

Then we will start purring and sending good vibes Betty's way at 4 pm
Finnish time on Thursday (2 pm in the UK).

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 16th 05, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Can we sort of organize a collective purr chain for Betty on Thursday?

Yes, great idea! I'm in!

Joyce
Old November 16th 05, 07:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

Then we will start purring and sending good vibes Betty's way at 4 pm
Finnish time on Thursday (2 pm in the UK).

Same here, from us here in London directly to Betty.
FWIW, I would be trying this new treatment too, if it was one of mine in
Betty's position.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old November 16th 05, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In that case it's 3am on Friday morning in eastern Australia (not Qld,
where it is 2am). I'm quite often awake at that time and Persephone
is too, so we'll be purring and thinking of you both.

Tish

Old November 16th 05, 09:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki"
I'm supposed to bring her in Thursday morning, that is about 32 hours
from now, at 9:00 EST. They should put her on the drip fairly shortly
after that, since the therapy lasts 6 hours, and it needs to be during
their business hours.

Right. 2pm GMT here in the UK. We'll be doing our support thing all
afternoon/evening.

May the Thoughts be with you!

Purrs
Gordon & the TT