Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food

Old March 30th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food

On Mar 30, 6:38Â*pm, Lynne wrote:
on Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:48:43 GMT, "cindys"
wrote:

I know what you mean. I just bought a small bag of Science Diet Senior
Advanced Formuladrycatfood. I thought I was fine. Now, do I need to
worry? Does it contain wheat gluten?

I can no longer think rationally. Â*I was SO hoping this was a bad rumor...

Have they DEFINITELY isolated it to the wheat gluten?

--
Lynne

They don't know anything for sure. However, if it is the wheat gluten
not all of it is contaminated, just the gluten from a specific
supplier.

CNN is going to report on the recall soon.

Hills Pet Nutrition, Inc. is voluntarily recalling Single Product,
Prescription Dietâ„¢ m/dâ„¢ Feline Dry Food

http://www.hillspet.com/menu_foods/M...2007_en_US.htm

Old March 31st 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:55:39 GMT, wrote:

They don't know anything for sure. However, if it is the wheat gluten
not all of it is contaminated, just the gluten from a specific
supplier.

CNN is going to report on the recall soon.

Hills Pet Nutrition, Inc. is voluntarily recalling Single Product,
Prescription Dietƒ"½ m/dƒ"½ Feline Dry Food

http://www.hillspet.com/menu_foods/M...2007_en_US.htm

Thank you for posting this. I needed to calm down and this helped.

I just read all the labels of all the various dog and cat treats we have,
and they ALL have wheat flour, MOST also have wheat gluten. I'm just
sick about this. My dog gets a lot of treats lately (enough that I cut
her meals in half) because we are in a serious training phase.

I have thrown them all in the trash, but I am very afraid that she might
have been ingesting melamine. It's a known carcinogen! Everyone needs
to check their labels and at the very least hold off feeding anything
suspicious until this mess is sorted out.

--
Lynne
Old April 1st 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default Wheat-free Pet Food (Was Recall to be Expanded to include all Dry Food)

"cindys" wrote in message
I know what you mean. I just bought a small bag of Science Diet Senior
Advanced Formula dry cat food. I thought I was fine. Now, do I need to
worry? Does it contain wheat gluten?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

----------
To follow-up my own post, The Science Diet Senior Advanced Formula dry cat
food most definitely does not contain wheat gluten. My cats normally eat
Purina OM prescription cat food. I totally forgot that the reason I bought
the Science Diet Senior in the first place was for the Jewish holiday of
Passover (in case anyone is wondering, no, the animals do not have to keep
Passover - it's the humans who are not allowed to have any wheat products in
our possession other than matzoh or matzoh derivatives- and that includes
pet food). Jewish certifying agencies make available an entire list of
wheat-free pet foods for the Passover holiday. Here is the Star-K link for
wheat-free pet foods:

http://www.star-k.com/kashrus/kk-passover-petfood.htm

Best regards,
---Cindy S.