hairless kitty

Old November 30th 03, 01:20 AM
mokering

Default hairless kitty

for some reason my kitty " moke" is losing his hair. it happened all of a sudden and nothing i am doing sees to work, i have tried giving him a bath, putting baby oil on him, i really dont know what else to do. so if anyone has any suggestions please . . . i will attemp any suggestion. thank you for your time.

Old November 30th 03, 01:45 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Stacey wrote:

Take him to the vet!

Yes, that sounds like a good plan. It could be allergies or parasites,
or just plain excessive nervousness, but the best place to start is with
your vet.

lkaboutpets.com...

Old November 30th 03, 02:23 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:20:35 -0600, "mokering"
wrote:

for some reason my kitty " moke" is losing his hair. it happened all of a sudden and nothing i am doing sees to work, i have tried giving him a bath, putting baby oil on him, i really dont know what else to do. so if anyone has any suggestions please . . . i will attemp any suggestion. thank you for your time.

Repeat: Take him to the Vet
Old November 30th 03, 04:11 AM
Jo Firey

No more baby oil. It could work as a laxative. Not good for an already stressed
kitty. And to the vet ASAP.

Jo

--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran
lkaboutpets.com...

Old November 30th 03, 10:36 AM
polonca12000

Please take him to the vet.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

lkaboutpets.com...

Old November 30th 03, 07:05 PM
Jette Goldie

"mokering" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
for some reason my kitty " moke" is losing his hair. it happened all of a

sudden and nothing i am doing sees to work, i have tried giving him a bath,
putting baby oil on him, i really dont know what else to do. so if anyone
has any suggestions please . . . i will attemp any suggestion. thank you for
your time.

Could be a hormonal problem. Amber Eyes RB had that problem.
Vet claimed it was probably because she'd been spayed too early.
He'd give her a shot and the problem would go away for a while
(months or years), then return if she was under stress.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 30th 03, 10:05 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:05:11 GMT, "Jette Goldie"
wrote:

"mokering" wrote in message
alkaboutpets.com...
for some reason my kitty " moke" is losing his hair. it happened all of a

sudden and nothing i am doing sees to work, i have tried giving him a bath,
putting baby oil on him, i really dont know what else to do. so if anyone
has any suggestions please . . . i will attemp any suggestion. thank you for
your time.

Could be a hormonal problem. Amber Eyes RB had that problem.
Vet claimed it was probably because she'd been spayed too early.
He'd give her a shot and the problem would go away for a while
(months or years), then return if she was under stress.

The word "stress" triggered my memory of an episode of the vet program
on Animal Planet. If I remember correctly, the cat patient starting
going bald, and they had quite a time making the diagnoisis before
finally settled on stress. As I remember, the trigger in that case was
a relative or new roomate moving in, complete with d*g pet. The cure
was a safe room where the d*g couldn't follow if the cat needed time
alone.

I agree with the chorus of replies that the first step is a trip to
the vet and no more baby oil, but when you get Moke to the vet you
might mention any changes in his home.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 1st 03, 04:46 PM
Jette Goldie

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:05:11 GMT, "Jette Goldie"
wrote:

"mokering" wrote in message
alkaboutpets.com...
[...]

Even humans get hair loss from stress, so stress is definately
a possibility.

I agree with the chorus of replies that the first step is a trip to
the vet and no more baby oil, but when you get Moke to the vet you
might mention any changes in his home.

Vet visit is first stop, fer sure.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

kitty in the sink [email protected] Cat anecdotes 18 December 2nd 03 01:33 AM
TX kitty fur Stacey Cat anecdotes 4 November 25th 03 07:49 AM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM
Kitty Walk! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 October 24th 03 12:46 PM
yet another foster kitty! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 10 August 12th 03 09:41 PM