Northern New England readers, please note and forward

Old August 2nd 05, 07:50 PM
animzmirot

Default Northern New England readers, please note and forward

Below please find a desperate email from Dr. Bruce LeGallais in Vermont. He
is trying to save 150 cats alone in a house, left from a hoarding case.
These cats are slated to be destroyed soon. The local animal rescues, humane
societies and animal control refuse to get involved. Dr. Bruce is on his
own.
We hope you can help by either adopting some of these cats or by networking
with others in cat rescue to try to save as many of these cats as possible.
Please forward this email to as many animal lovers as you know. If you can
help, please contact Dr. Bruce directly.

Message from Dr. Bruce LeGallais:

My name is Dr. Bruce LeGallais. I am a veterinarian working in a small
animal practice in Central Vermont. A client of mine, 4 or 5 years ago,
attempted to become an exotic cat breeder (specifically Bengals and
Abyssinians). Unfortunately she has bred a great number of cats but was
unable to part with any of the litters. As a consequence she has become a
hoarder and potentially has 100 to 150 cats in her house. Although this
woman is very nice she obviously has some problems and is finally seeking
some medical treatment. Therefore she can no longer care for her cats. The
humane societies in Vermont are at full capacity at this time and no one can
seem to help out with this problem. I am volunteering my time and resources
to help find her cats homes. If not, they will all have to be euthanized. I
personally will be going into the house to select out the healthy
individuals and make sure they are up to date on their vaccines.

This is a very unfortunate situation but hopefully with some good old Yankee
Ingenuity (I am Canadian) some of these cats can be adopted out to good and
loving homes. The house they are currently living in has been condemned by
the Dept. of Health.

In conclusion, I am seeking help in finding an alternative to euthanizing
young, healthy cats of an unfortunate circumstance. If anyone is interested
or can help me find homes please e-mail me back at
.
Thank-you for your time and consideration, Dr. Bruce

email:

phone: 860-242-9999
web:
http://www.ourcompanions.com