Bad timing

Old June 6th 04, 11:50 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Bad timing

Today started out pretty good. Momma Little Bit and Rocky teamed up to
wake the hoomin so that we'd get some breakfast. Once he finally
stumbled into the kitchen we chowed down and he made himself some of
that evil smelling muddy water.

After that it was time for us to get dressed and go into the Big Out.
Momma and I only get to go out when the hoomin goes with us, but Rocky
pretty much comes and goes as he pleases - blatant sexism if you ask
me! - males get to come and go as they please and us girl kitties have
to stay inside.

Anyway, once we were dressed and outside we all had a great time. The
hoomin hauled out the green snakey thing and put water on his flowers
and 'mato plants, then sat and looked at the paper and drank cup after
cup of muddy water.

After awhile he took me over and we sat for a while in the blue
monster he calls a truck. We do this every year about this time, says
I need to get used to going for "rides". After a few rides it actually
gets to be kind of fun, but we stop taking rides when it gets cold
out. I get nervous the next year and try to convince him I really
don't like the monster. As long as he goes slow, can show me that the
monster hasn't developed any bad habits while we weren't going for
rides, and I only have to be in the monster for short periods it's not
really to bad, though. Heck, I'm not even getting all bushy tailed
about it this year, and the only bad part is when other monsters start
up or come into the parking lot. Today was only the third time we've
done it this year, but pretty soon he'll probably actually make it
roar and run around the block while we ride inside and see the sights.

After sitting in the monster for a while we got out and I got to do
some gardening and hunting. Sorry to say the 'hoppers haven't made
their appearance yet, so hunting wasn't any good. Didn't see any of
the bushy tailed squirrels, and no luck with the birdies. No matter
how much I called the pretty blue jay birdies, they refused to come
down and play when I sat under their tree - they just cussed at the
top of their lungs like they usually do. The other birdies hadn't come
for their breakfast yet, but the hoomin baited the trap... I mean put
seed in the feeders.

Just as I was planning on where I'd hide to spring the trap when they
came, the hoomin announced it was time to go inside. I protested, but
top no avail. When our hoomin get these ideas about when it's "time"
to do something, he gets stubborn and does whatever it is he wants to
do. So he put me inside and took off my leash. I watched through the
window as he snuck up on Momma LB where she was napping in a good
sunny spot. I tried to warn her, bu she didn't wake up until he was
bent over to pick her up. She tried to get away she was caught and
they both came inside. Like I said earlier, blatant sexism, since
Rocky got to stay out and we had to come inside.

As I expected, just as soon as we were inside and the hoomin starting
click-clacking away on the 'puter, the other birdies showed up for
breakfast. Bad, BAD timing! Momma and I sat at the sliding glass door
and called to the birds. We tried to convince the hoomin to let us
out, but no luck. Bad timing and dumb stubborn hoomin!

Sammy, (as channeled through)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 7th 04, 05:13 AM
Marina

"Steve Touchstone" wrote

As I expected, just as soon as we were inside and the hoomin starting
click-clacking away on the 'puter, the other birdies showed up for
breakfast. Bad, BAD timing! Momma and I sat at the sliding glass door
and called to the birds. We tried to convince the hoomin to let us
out, but no luck. Bad timing and dumb stubborn hoomin!

Sammy, (as channeled through)

Sammy, it sounds like you had a wonderful day, despite the stuff at the end.
Those hoomins are always in the way of our hunting! The other day, when I
took my hoomin out for walkies, I saw a vole scurrying by the side of the
road! I crept after it, and got ready to pounce -- wiggle my bum to get it
into just the right position for a pounce -- and jump... only to find that
the string that's attached to my hoomin was too short, and it stopped me in
mid-pounce! I turned around and gave her the glare of death, but she didn't
drop down dead, she just pulled on the string and told me to leave the vole
alone. I ask you! Is that any way to treat a huntress extraordinaire?

Yours in commiseration,
Nikki