[OT] Letter of Resignation

Old March 23rd 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default [OT] Letter of Resignation

. ..

"CatNipped" wrote in message
. ..

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:45:22 -0500, Catnipped wrote:

OK, I've never done this before!!! Working in the Oil and Gas
industry as
I've done most of my life, I've always changed job because of a
lay-off or
reorganization. So, please let me know what you think about this
letter
of resignation (besides the fact that it's full of lies! ;):

Re. Termination of Employment

Dear Sirs:

It has been both a pleasure and a privilege to have worked for you at
CGI
(formerly Container-Care International) for the past thirteen months.
have learned a lot during that time and hope that I have contributed
positively to the business as well.

So, it is with regret that I must tender to you my resignation.

I have been offered a job working at my first career choice, web
architecture.

Because of the pressing needs of my new employer I can only offer you
one
week's notice, but intend to help, however I can, to ease any
transition
issues you may face because of this short notice.

Since my new employment starts Monday, June 6, 2005, I think the best
plan
of action would be to transition my administrative duties and, as Mr.
XXXX
had previously suggested, contract to CGI, either through my new
employer
or directly, any services you will need to continue the development of
the
company intranet.

Thank you, all, for making my working experience here pleasant and
rewarding. I am going to miss working with you and I wish you and
your
company success and prosperity.

Yours,

CatNipped

IMHO -- why bother with a letter? Just walk in and tell them you are
giving them one week's notice. Do not elaborate -- the less said the
better. If you feel you must write a letter, make it as simple as
possible and don't give excuses. MLB

I did not see the original thread, but I agree that the message should
be kept simple. It is not necessary to say where the new place of
employment will be, and don't make any suggestions about handling the
transition.

MaryL

I don't know what happened, but this original note is from May 2005!
I've had, let's see, THREE jobs since then (counting my current one)! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Duh! I didn't notice the date at the top of the message. I was puzzled,
though, because this did not sound like your current job.

MaryL

Every once in a while the newsfeed burps and something like this happens -
oh well, keeps life interesting.

Yes, I do like my current job a lot (hopefully, this will be my LAST job
fingers crossed).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 23rd 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:46:09 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

. ..

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:45:22 -0500, Catnipped wrote:

OK, I've never done this before!!! Working in the Oil and Gas industry
as
I've done most of my life, I've always changed job because of a lay-off
or
reorganization. So, please let me know what you think about this letter
of resignation (besides the fact that it's full of lies! ;):

Re. Termination of Employment

Dear Sirs:

It has been both a pleasure and a privilege to have worked for you at
CGI
(formerly Container-Care International) for the past thirteen months. I
[...]

As I have said often befo I think my computer hates me. It
frequently does not post a current reply but will throw out an oldie. My
son has promised to take this thing and fix it but he is awfully busy
right now. I think it suffers from old age, so I tend to understand (I
think). MLB

Old March 23rd 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

news

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

Ah we all get a bit flaky as the hardware ages (unfortunately I think my
software is going too via not-so-early onset of senility)! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 23rd 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It is a good thing I don't have much of a life. From time to time, my pc
send whatever email I have written to every one on my address page. In
different circumstances that could be embarrassing!!!
"CatNipped" wrote in message
news

Old March 23rd 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Letter of Resignation

On Mar 22, 8:10*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"mlbriggs" wrote in message

news

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:46:09 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

t...

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Heh. I thought that post sounded weirdly familiar. It's creepy when
that happens. Especially when I cringe
just thinking about some of the posts I've authored in the past might
possibly be resurrected. Holy crap.
Sherry
Old March 23rd 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
On Mar 22, 8:10 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

news

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

Not only that, but CN's employer could have easily read the post. Not that
it would have mattered since she already had another job lined up! LOL

Old March 24th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default [OT] Letter of Resigantion

LOL, well I didn't get one j/k
I can remember 'before pc's' before TV's...eek! I remember having 'pen
pals' when I was growing up. That was alot of fun. Used the stripy Air
Mail envelopes, I forget what AM postage was back then, 10 cents IIRC..
Kyla..off to nap out with Mosey for an hour
"Granby"
It is a good thing I don't have much of a life. From time to time, my pc
send whatever email I have written to every one on my address page. In
different circumstances that could be embarrassing!!!
"CatNipped"
"mlbriggs" ...
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:46:09 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

"MaryL"
"mlbriggs"

Old March 24th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Sherry wrote:
On Mar 22, 8:10 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

news

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
[...]

Only if they knew I was "CatNipped"! ; OK, I know they could look me up -
this is the reason I follow my mother's advice... "always write as if your
mother, your father, your husband, your boss and your priest are reading
over your shoulder and you'll never have to regret what you've written."

Hugs,

CatNipped