Apache got worried for Miss Emily today

Old November 22nd 13, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Apache got worried for Miss Emily today

Last night, Miss Emily decided to go back outside so she could find her
hiding spot before the storms. Despite being told she could stay inside!

So today, Apache was worried about Miss Emily. She started the zoomies,
from the bedroom to the window, and back again. Finally, exasperated at
not getting my attention, she put her paws up on the chair, meowed at
me, then zoomed back into the living room.

Deciding I had better check out this "Lassie, what is it, girl?" moment,
I noticed Apache looking out the window and looking worried. I opened
the door, and Miss Emily was there with her paws on the threshold, wet,
cold and leaves clinging to her fur. I picked her up and dried her off,
pulled some of the leaves off, then took her to her Lion Grrl box and
gave her some crunchies.

The whole time, Apache hovered nearby. As Miss Emily has usually been
her mortal enemy, this was surprising. Right now, both girls are
sleeping peacefully on the bed, about three feet apart. I guess there IS
a bit of compassion in that little iron-pawed Calico heart.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old November 23rd 13, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes they like to hide the fact that they really do care about each
other. Here's one from the past. All participants have gone to the RB long
ago.

Tawny was the senior cat, both in years and in rank. All the cats were
indoor-outdoor at the time, and we had a cat door. One day Pye brought in a
kitten. It turned out that the neighbors had a cat who gave birth to
kittens. When the kittens were a couple months old, the neighbors left a
bunch of cat food outside, along with the cats, and went away for the
four-day Thanksgiving weekend. It rained that weekend, so Pye brought one
of the kittens in out of the rain. That kitten liked it here, and decided
to move in. We talked with the neighbors after they got home, and Rudy
became a permanent part of our family. Pye was happy, but Rudy most
definitely was not. He'd snarl every time Rudy walked into the room, and
swat him if he came too close.

One day I was out in the front yard, and so were both Tawny and Rudy. Tawny
was ignoring Rudy as usual. A neighbor cat came over and attacked Rudy.
Immediately, Tawny jumped the neighbor cat, and they rolled around. Finally
the neighbor cat broke loose and ran down the street. Tawny ran after him
and jumped him again. This was repeated down the block until past where the
road curved and I couldn't see them any more. A little later Tawny came
back, looking victorious.

Nobody else was allowed to attack "his" kitten.

--
Joy

Our balloon floats low
O'er red earth and spinifex.
The sun rises slowly.
-- Australia Haiku by Joy Gaylord

Old November 23rd 13, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/22/2013 6:05 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

Apache was quite observant. And possibly thinking "I wouldn't want to
be out there in that, so why should she?" G

Jill