An eye for an eye

Old October 30th 13, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default An eye for an eye

Two weekends ago, Dot gave me a scare when she completely lost her
appetite, and decided to spend the whole day napping instead of joining the
other two furkids for breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, and dinner.

I found that if I brought her a small plate of chicken sauteed in cream and
butter, she'd at least eat that in bed. It was the same recipe that I used
for Betty in the end. I lay with Dot, gathering myself close to her. It was
a scene that felt too sad, too familiar.

The following day, she seemed better, and wandered unsteadily to the food
dishes, wanting to make up for the all the food she'd been missing! I made
a vet appointment for the next day though.

By the time I brought Dot in to the vet, she'd completely recovered, and
was protesting heartily. But an incidental thing that she'd developed was
that her left inner eyelid wasn't closing all the way. I thought that maybe
she had conjunctivitis.

According to TED though, there was no apparent reason for her eyelid issue.
She thought that maybe it was neurological. Maybe it's somehow connected to
how she's always had one pupil that's larger than the other. They ran a
full blood panel, which came up clean, and told me to let them know if I
had any concerns.

Today, Dot's her usual self, but when she's tired or has just gotten up,
that inner eyelid still doesn't go down all the way. It seems to go back to
normal as she wakes up. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, so I'm not too
concerned, but I still keep an eye on her eye.

Old October 30th 13, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

spazzie gave me a scare yesrerday. She threw up in the litter box and then she hid behind one of my speakers. After an hour she came out and got on my lap. Then a while longer she wanted some food. By bedtime she was back to normal.
Old October 31st 13, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Wednesday, 30 October 2013 20:11:42 UTC, Judith Latham wrote:
Recently Sootie had a day when she seemed very down, slept a lot and didn't eat. Then the next day she was back to normal.

Sarsi and Bonnie both do this occasionally- we've decided they're having a "day off" and joke about their annual leave allowance

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 31st 13, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:14:36 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:
In article , Mike
Mayers wrote:
spazzie gave me a scare yesrerday. She threw up in the litter box and
then she hid behind one of my speakers. After an hour she came out and
got on my lap. Then a while longer she wanted some food. By bedtime
she was back to normal.

At least she chose the litter box and not a carpet.

Having some loving from you did the trick.

Mine always throw up on the carpet. I have to be particularly careful
with Dot, who gulps food, and will throw it up if I put out too much food
at a time.
Old October 31st 13, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

I don't like this, Tak. I hope it's not neurological. Purrs that it will
be fine but don't hold your breath if she has always had one pupil larger
than another, suggests she has problems.
Tweed

Old October 31st 13, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/31/2013 3:22 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Takayuki
wrote:
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:14:36 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:
In article ,
Mike Mayers wrote:
spazzie gave me a scare yesrerday. She threw up in the litter box
and then she hid behind one of my speakers. After an hour she came
out and got on my lap. Then a while longer she wanted some food. By
bedtime she was back to normal.

At least she chose the litter box and not a carpet.

Having some loving from you did the trick.

Mine always throw up on the carpet. I have to be particularly careful
with Dot, who gulps food, and will throw it up if I put out too much food
at a time.

Both Seep (RB) and Sophie (RB) used to do it on carpet, especially on the
patterned carpet on the landing just right to squelch between your toes.

Judith

Persia always throws up on the carpet. It would be difficult for her
not to since the only places in the house without carpet are the
bathrooms and the kitchen.

As for just right to squelch between your toes... this is exactly why I
always put on slippers when I get out of bed. Even when going to the
bathroom during the night. Walking around barefoot is a sure way to
squish on the occasional hairball.

Jill
Old November 25th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:14:36 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:
In article ,
Mike Mayers wrote:
[...]

Boyfie is too mean about his food to throw it up. One and only hairball he
threw up made him refuse to go into his bedroom where it was.
I noticed he wasn't going in there, found the hairball and removed it - he
was then back in there the day after.