Déjà vu

Old November 23rd 13, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Déjà vu

This morning, Boyfie accompanied me to help feed the chickens. It's a bit
nippy here atm and he hadn't been out for 12 hours so on the way back he dug
himself a little hole in the leaves & earth and sat on it to do a huge wee
next to one of my vacant chicken huts and runs.

What he didn't notice was the tiny blackfaced tuxedo girl meatloafing on the
roof of the hut. She was so much like KFC when she was younger that my
heart nearly stopped. She looked at him intently and with interest while
he was performing but I had to go into the run to get woodshavings to clean
my chickens out, (I store them there) so she ran off over the fence.

She is not a lost cat, she was in fine condition, glossy coat and a
reflective collar but it so reminds me of when KFC used to squat on top of
the chicken huts before I adopted her.
Boyfie did not see her so please do not tell him she saw him weeing. You
know what he's like about toilet duties. they're secret enough not to do
them indoors.
She (well could have been a he, I suppose, but very tiny) was exactly like
KFC but is obviously well cared for. A lot of cats pass through my garden I
suppose, as I don't know anyone who keeps them in here as it's safe.
Like the white cat that Boyfie jumped on. The KFC lookalike might have
suffered the same fate had he noticed her, but he didn't. He used to have
no fight in him but now KFC is gone, she did his fighting, he has no
intention of allowing anycat near his home. He's not that good at fighting,
tbh, and the only way he won over the white cat was because I came out of
the house to intervene and it ran off, allowing him to run after it to jump
on it because he thought he'd beaten it himself.

Tweed

Old November 23rd 13, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

This morning, Boyfie accompanied me to help feed the chickens. It's a bit
nippy here atm and he hadn't been out for 12 hours so on the way back he dug
himself a little hole in the leaves & earth and sat on it to do a huge wee
next to one of my vacant chicken huts and runs.

What he didn't notice was the tiny blackfaced tuxedo girl meatloafing on the
roof of the hut. She was so much like KFC when she was younger that my
heart nearly stopped. She looked at him intently and with interest while
he was performing but I had to go into the run to get woodshavings to clean
my chickens out, (I store them there) so she ran off over the fence.

She is not a lost cat, she was in fine condition, glossy coat and a
reflective collar but it so reminds me of when KFC used to squat on top of
the chicken huts before I adopted her.

Awwww! Well at least it appears the tuxedo cat is well cared for.

Boyfie did not see her so please do not tell him she saw him weeing. You
know what he's like about toilet duties. they're secret enough not to do
them indoors.

Persia doesn't like to be observed in the litter box. Sometimes I can't
help it. Her litter box is in the bathroom. (I know Boyfie won't use a
litter box.) More than once I've had to use the toilet when she was
using the litter box. I say "Sorry!" and avert my eyes. She doesn't
look at me, either. LOL

Jill
Old November 25th 13, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Did you ever try a hooded litterbox? I wonder if she would find that more
comfortable?

--
"...she tells with a little bit of humor the story of the song and the Jews
as they move from the Shtetls of Eastern Europe to Western Europe to America,
Old November 26th 13, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/25/2013 4:48 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Persia doesn't like to be observed in the litter box. Sometimes I can't
help it. Her litter box is in the bathroom. (I know Boyfie won't use a
litter box.) More than once I've had to use the toilet when she was
using the litter box. I say "Sorry!" and avert my eyes. She doesn't
look at me, either. LOL

Did you ever try a hooded litterbox? I wonder if she would find that more
comfortable?

Nope, I haven't tried one of those. I'm not sure how she'd take to it.
It's okay, we just don't look at each other when we're both in there
at the same time.

When we lived in the apartment in west TN her food/water bowls were in
the entryway by the kitchen. Linoleum floor. Her litterbox was in a
hallway by the guest bathroom. It worked beautifully!

This house really isn't set up well for a cat (or a dog, for that
matter). There's no good place in the kitchen to place her food & water
bowls. So she eats in my bedroom. There's no place for the litter box
except in the master bathroom. We just ignore each other if we're both
in there at the same time.

Jill