What Can I Do To Help This Cat?

Old November 21st 03, 02:47 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
Cathy Friedmann" writes

wrote
Can I teach her to use
the litterbox exclusively?

Has she been checked for a UTI ....You can put 2 littler boxes next

eachother, one for peeing, one for pooping. Or both for both in case

she
just simply prefers two. ....Putting out 3 boxes in a a
row solved that problem here, so it's at least worth a try.

That's good (below), but I meant two "litter" boxes - not littler ones;
typo. The boxes can be good-sized, of course.

the new litter; if she's now using the second box w/ the present litter,
I'd personally stick w/ that, at least for the time being; not rocking the
boat.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Well, currently I have the original litterbox (with newspaper) used by my
resident cat and the smaller litterbox (w/litter) next to one another. I

was
overjoyed when I went into the bedroom and discovered she pooped in the

smaller
box. I praised her for 10 minutes (though I'm not sure she had a clue why

was doing that)...I received several suggestions/links to Dr. Elsey's

Precious
Cat Attract, cat litter. It's guaranteed to have all cats not using the

box -
use the box. I ordered a 20 lb. bag. I'm hoping that she follows up her

poop
with some pee in the box. I will be watching so I'll clean it immediately

and,
hopefully, encourage her to use it routinely.

Old November 21st 03, 04:06 AM
Luvskats00

if she's now using the second box w/ the present litter,
I'd personally stick w/ that, at least for the time being.....

I'm so happy and hope tomorrow is the same as today (with her using the box,
that is.) I'm not changing a thing.

Old November 21st 03, 05:09 AM
Sherry

"A few google searches confirmed it. This one is classic. Probably
the one that started you morphing your name..."

The message was a response to someone (one of hundreds) who had posted about
the death of their cat who was allowed to roam outside.

Huh? No, it wasn't. The message was a response to a post about someone's cat
who had stayed out all night--not a cat that was killed. The cat lives in the
UK--where most cats are allowed outdoors. It was posted in a very amiable and
friendly newsgroup, where you saw fit to butt in and slam the poster when you
had no idea what you were talking about. You never post there, you don't know
the people there, and wham bang....you blow in just to flame some very nice
people. It was indescribably rude.

How difficult is it
(for a present/future cat owner/guardian) to determine the danger level of
the
environment outside the home?

Not as difficult as it must have been for you, when you determined from
thousands of miles away that this person's environment was unsafe.

I appreciate the fact that you are an indoor proponent. I don't disagree with
that point; *some* areas are unsafe for cats.

Sherry