Update On Sick Kitten

Old December 2nd 04, 01:02 AM
~*Connie*~

Default Update On Sick Kitten

so glad to hear it!!

"Heather" wrote in message
I'd like to thank the members of this group who were so
helpful to me and Meerli when he was sick.

As it stands now, he is *much* better! He gets his antibiotic
drops for two more days, he's alert, he's now eating and
drinking on his own,and he purrs up a storm anytime he's
held or stroked.

Phil P. . I'm very grateful for your kind, knowledgeable

Susan (Heather)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can only please one person each day.
Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't
looking good either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 2nd 04, 01:34 AM
ceb2

Heather wrote in message . ..
I'd like to thank the members of this group who were so
helpful to me and Meerli when he was sick.

As it stands now, he is *much* better! He gets his antibiotic
drops for two more days, he's alert, he's now eating and
drinking on his own,and he purrs up a storm anytime he's
held or stroked.

Phil P. . I'm very grateful for your kind, knowledgeable

Phil is awesome helpful and knowledgeable.(Even when he has a
philisophical difference with you)

Susan (Heather)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 2nd 04, 01:48 AM
Mary

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
Heather wrote in message

. ..
I'd like to thank the members of this group who were so
helpful to me and Meerli when he was sick.

As it stands now, he is *much* better! He gets his antibiotic
drops for two more days, he's alert, he's now eating and
drinking on his own,and he purrs up a storm anytime he's
held or stroked.

Phil P. . I'm very grateful for your kind, knowledgeable

Phil is awesome helpful and knowledgeable.(Even when he has a
philisophical difference with you)

Way to go, Phil. I had no idea declawing was a "philisophical" matter.

Old December 2nd 04, 02:00 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
Phil is awesome helpful and knowledgeable.(Even when he has a
philisophical difference with you)

Ha! ( last sentence) In that case, you lucked out.

Cathy

Old December 2nd 04, 02:13 AM
Phil P.

"Heather" wrote in message
I'd like to thank the members of this group who were so
helpful to me and Meerli when he was sick.

As it stands now, he is *much* better! He gets his antibiotic
drops for two more days, he's alert, he's now eating and
drinking on his own,and he purrs up a storm anytime he's
held or stroked.

Phil P. . I'm very grateful for your kind, knowledgeable

Susan (Heather)

Hiya Susan,

Yabba dabba doo! Nothing makes me happier than a kitten who sends the
parvovirus back to hell from whence it came! You can now rest assured that
this little monster will never harm him again. Naturally exposed kittens
that recover usually develop life-long immunity. Still, it wouldn't hurt to
finish up the kitten series of vaccinations after he fully recovers - which
will probably take a few weeks - and his first year "booster".

I think most cats develop life-long immunity naturally - otherwise FP would
have decimated the feral population a long time ago.

One last note of caution: Once FP is brought into a home *infectious*
virus can survive for *months to years* outside the body. Therefore, its
absolutely *imperative* that you vaccinate all new kittens you might adopt
at least two weeks before you introduce then into your home.

Thanks for the update. You sure made my day!!!

Best of luck.

Phil

PS: Please visit my site for a lot of information about cat care.

"A kitten, in the animal kingdom,
is like a rosebud in a garden"
--unknown
Feline Healthca http://maxshouse.com

Old December 2nd 04, 02:15 AM
Phil P.

"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
Heather wrote in message

. ..
I'd like to thank the members of this group who were so
helpful to me and Meerli when he was sick.

As it stands now, he is *much* better! He gets his antibiotic
drops for two more days, he's alert, he's now eating and
drinking on his own,and he purrs up a storm anytime he's
held or stroked.

Phil P. . I'm very grateful for your kind, knowledgeable

Phil is awesome helpful and knowledgeable.(Even when he has a
philisophical difference with you)

So what's happening with "One Eye"? I keep thinking and worrying about this
cat.

Phil

Old December 2nd 04, 02:16 AM
Phil P.

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
Phil is awesome helpful and knowledgeable.(Even when he has a
philisophical difference with you)

Ha! ( last sentence) In that case, you lucked out.

There she goes again! LOL! The silly twit couldn't resist another
unprovoked jab! LOL!

Old December 2nd 04, 02:30 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
"ceb2" wrote in message
om...
Phil is awesome helpful and knowledgeable.(Even when he has a
philisophical difference with you)

Ha! ( last sentence) In that case, you lucked out.

There she goes again! LOL! The silly twit couldn't resist another
unprovoked jab! LOL!

Hey, what is, is... a spade's a spade; I called it as I've seen it happen
time & time again to umpteen posters. If you have a philosophical
difference with a person, you're usually out to be as nasty as possible to
them. Including all of the LMAO's, LOL's, & exclamation points galore in
your replies - Mr. Predictable, when you fly off the handle.

If you had a difference of opinion about an issue with a poster, and yet
were civil & helpful to them, then yes, IMO, they *did* luck out. Rather
refreshing.

Cathy

Old December 2nd 04, 04:08 AM
Heather

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:13:56 -0500, "Phil P."
wrote:

"Heather" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Hi Phil! :-)
The very first thing I do after Meerli is completely over this
is to get all his inoculations updated so no illness can strike him
again.
He's a strong little fellow and is once again into all kinds of
mischief....just as any kitten should be;. :-)
I researched Panleuk on the web and found out that the virus can
survive for years in almost any environment! The things you can learn
on the WWW!!
In the future, if I do get another kitten, I intend to make sure
that his/her vaccinations have been done before he reaches my home.

Susan (Heather)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 2nd 04, 04:09 AM
Heather

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:02:38 -0500, "~*Connie*~" wrote:

so glad to hear it!!

"Heather" wrote in message
.. .
I'd like to thank the members of this group who were so
helpful to me and Meerli when he was sick.

As it stands now, he is *much* better! He gets his antibiotic
drops for two more days, he's alert, he's now eating and
drinking on his own,and he purrs up a storm anytime he's
held or stroked.

Phil P. . I'm very grateful for your kind, knowledgeable

Susan (Heather)

I can only please one person each day.
Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't
looking good either.