I think he can understand me!

Old May 19th 05, 03:59 AM
badwilson

Default I think he can understand me!

Vino bugs me every morning to get up. If I've been away for a while,
he punishes me by starting at 5:30, but on normal mornings he starts
at 7:30. I usually get up between 8:00 and 8:30.
Last night I stayed up very, very late reading in bed. So he started
bugging me at 7:30 and by 7:45 I was awake enough to realize that I
had to pee beyond desperately and there would be no way to go back to
sleep even if Vino stopped bugging me.
Vino was leaning up against my pillow doing the vigorous bed shakin'
whole body lick. So I said, "Don't bother getting up, I'm just going
to pee and then I'm coming back to bed". So he didn't get up! He was
sitting pretty in bed looking very smug when I returned. This is
beyond unusual because normally he jumps up and tries to usher me down
the stairs to the kitchen at the first sign of life from me.
What a cutie, I think he understood that I wasn't getting up yet :-)
He let me get back to sleep even. But it didn't last long because at
8:15 I was woken up by thunder so loud I sat straight up in bed, my
heart beating a mile a minute. No point in going back to sleep after
that!
I don't understand what's going on with the weather this year. It's
way too early for the monsoon, that doesn't usually start until July.
It's pouring rain out and has been for days. Not that I'm complaining
because it's really cooled off. It's only 28C out, much better than
the 40C we had the week before last. Unfortunately the humidity tends
to make mould accumulate on my furniture :-(
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown