Amber and the Magic Cave

Old October 5th 03, 01:45 AM
Lois Reay

Default Amber and the Magic Cave

LOL, my sisters cats do this to her as well!!

Lois

"CATherine" wrote in message
Frequently, when I am in the smallest room in the house with my pants
around my knees, Amber will come in and reach up to be petted. One
day, with his paws on my knees while I was petting him, he happened to
notice an enticing gap in the leg of my underpants leading into a dark
cavity. Of course no cat can resist a dark hole. There might be a
mouse in it.

Like a shot he leaped into the gap and turned around in the dark
cavity of my ,ahem, womens size pants. Then he settled down and
purred. He must have thought I provided this wonderful nest just for
him, all warm and cosy and smelling like Meowmie.

Then it came time to get up. I jiggled the pants and spoke to him. He
just slapped at the wiggling wrinkles, with his claws. Then, like a
fool, I reached under him from the outside of the pants intending to
dump him out somehow. Suddenly, he was in killer mode with razor
claws. Good thing the pants are heavy material and the color dark
enough not to show blood stains too well.

I finally pushed the pants down to my ankles, destroying the fun
magical cave. He left rather grumpily. But thereafter, everytime I
went to that room he would come barreling in and it became a race to
see if he could get into the cave before I slammed my knees together
and held the waistband with my hands. He would paw at the pants awhile
and then leave. But sometimes he would win.

Then one day the weather was so nice I wore a skirt instead of pants.
He came running in as soon as I sat down. Not wearing pants I hadn't
bothered to slam my knees together. He dived into the gap of my
underpants. And landed on bare floor with light around him. He shook
hiis head and turned around with the most startled expression on his
face.

What happened to his magic cave? He walked back to my knee and reached
up and saw the gap in my panties leg and dived through again. Surely
he had it right this time! But no, there was no cave. He shuddered his
back and then climbed up to my knee again and poked his head through
the gap. No cave. He got down and left in bad humor.

The next day he followed me in there again. But no running. He
carefully looked into the gap for the cave; and if it wasn't there, he
would quickly leave. Finally he gave up for the rest of the warm
season. Then one day he came for pets and spotted the cave and in he
dived before I could react. He was one happy cat with his special
magic cave.

CATherine

Old October 5th 03, 01:57 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CATherine wrote:

[...]

Doesn't your bathroom door have a latch? Even though I keep the
litterbox there, I figure the few minutes privacy I require won't
inconvenience the cats much, and it certainly avoids such awkward
situations!
Old October 5th 03, 02:07 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

CATherine wrote:
Frequently, when I am in the smallest room in the house with my pants
around my knees, Amber will come in and reach up to be petted. One
day, with his paws on my knees while I was petting him, he happened to
notice an enticing gap in the leg of my underpants leading into a dark
cavity. Of course no cat can resist a dark hole. There might be a
mouse in it.

Samuel R also likes to explore these areas. He tends to doze off if I
sit there long enough!

Dan

Old October 5th 03, 02:18 AM
Jo Firey

This is just about Rosie's favorite place. Jumps into my pants as soon as they hit
the floor and refuses to budge. About half the time I have to step out of the pants,
carry them into the bedroom, and dump the cat out on the bed so I can get redressed.
I'm just grateful she only does this when I'm using the bathroom that connects to out
bedroom.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran

Old October 5th 03, 02:29 AM
Jo Firey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop-no wrote in message

CATherine wrote:

[...]

LOL When I replied to CATherine's post I started thinking that Rosie only does this
when I'm using the little room off my bedroom, but not when I'm in the main bath. I
got bad at closing doors when I had small children and now I'm mostly alone when I'm
home, but you are right. I usually close that door. The door to the smaller bath is
a bit warped from the shower and the room really IS tiny.

Jo

Old October 5th 03, 03:23 AM
Victor M. Martinez

That's a great story! Maya likes to cuddle in Tom's "cave" also... I'm sure
we have a picture somewhere...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old October 5th 03, 04:11 AM
Mary

Then one day he came for pets and spotted the cave and in he
dived before I could react. He was one happy cat with his special
magic cave.

I do squirrel rescue. I sit at my desk to nurse the squirrel babies with a
syringe. I wear a long sleeve sweatshirt so they don't scratch my arms
accidentally climbing the mommy jungle gym. After I feed the babies, a few of
them will run up my sweat shirt sleeve. It's a nice warm fleece tunnel. They
will stay there until I finish feeding the rest of them. Generally they are
asleep by then. I carefully shake out my sleeve and out come the babies ready
to go to bed.
Old October 5th 03, 05:09 AM

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop-no wrote:

Doesn't your bathroom door have a latch? Even though I keep the
litterbox there, I figure the few minutes privacy I require won't
inconvenience the cats much, and it certainly avoids such awkward
situations!

What, and miss all that amusing kitty weirdness? Anyway, how awkward
can it be with a cat?

That was such a cute story, Catherine - it had me giggling. My cats
have never done this.

Joyce
Old October 5th 03, 05:32 AM
Marina

"CATherine" wrote

The next day he followed me in there again. But no running. He
carefully looked into the gap for the cave; and if it wasn't there, he
would quickly leave. Finally he gave up for the rest of the warm
season. Then one day he came for pets and spotted the cave and in he
dived before I could react. He was one happy cat with his special
magic cave.

ROFL! Thank you for the wonderful story, Catherine. I hope Amber may now
keep his lovely cave for a few months, at least.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki