I survived, but...

Old December 12th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default I survived, but...

wrote

Pat wrote:

It wasn't my credit cards that got stolen, those were with me, in my
wallet.
No, they stole everything I had that was valuable (I haven't always been
dirt poor!) including 90% of the inventory of my business - stuff that I
needed to sell and pay the supplier for.

Didn't the insurance company pay a claim for all that stuff?

What insurance company?

Auto insurance covers theft of stuff that is attached to the car (stereo &
such) and that's all.

Old December 12th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Pat" wrote in message
news
.... they found another rotten tooth dammit ((( and I'm now an
additional $420 in debt with at least another $thousand$ or so worth of
repairs needed to save three teeth that I'd lose otherwise. I hate losing
teeth, would rather be up to my eyeballs in debt than have to get any more
yanked out!!

Gracias for all the purrs. I skipped breakfast and lunch, and stomach is
protesting but I won't be able to do anything about it for at least a few
more hours as my tongue is still numb....

Purrs for your mouth, you empty stomach and your empty pocketbook, Pat. I
hate dental work but have a dentist who understands and is willing to give
me lots of novacane before he starts. I'm sensitive to temperature as well
and even during routine cleaning the water they squirt in your mouth and the
air they use to dry your teeth can set me off. If I'm having sinus trouble
he'll give me novacane just to clean my teeth. (The swollen sinuses will
push my molars out of the gums exposing nerves).

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old December 12th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Pat wrote:
..... they found another rotten tooth dammit ((( and I'm now an additional
$420 in debt with at least another $thousand$ or so worth of repairs needed
to save three teeth that I'd lose otherwise. I hate losing teeth, would
rather be up to my eyeballs in debt than have to get any more yanked out!!

Gracias for all the purrs. I skipped breakfast and lunch, and stomach is
protesting but I won't be able to do anything about it for at least a few
more hours as my tongue is still numb....

Glad to hear you made it through the procedure, but sorry to hear about
the additional torture (more dental work). Purrs continuing that you'll
feel better and be able to eat something soon.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old December 12th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

wrote

Pat wrote:

It wasn't my credit cards that got stolen, those were with me, in my
wallet.
No, they stole everything I had that was valuable (I haven't always
been
dirt poor!) including 90% of the inventory of my business - stuff that
needed to sell and pay the supplier for.

Didn't the insurance company pay a claim for all that stuff?

What insurance company?

Auto insurance covers theft of stuff that is attached to the car (stereo &
such) and that's all.

Most of us would be out of luck in those circumstances. Homeowners or
renters will cover a lot of things that are stolen out of a car. But not
any kind of business inventory or equipment. It can be difficult and
expensive to get insurance like that for a small business.

Jo

Old December 12th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:26:36 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

wrote

Pat wrote:

It wasn't my credit cards that got stolen, those were with me, in my
wallet.
No, they stole everything I had that was valuable (I haven't always been
dirt poor!) including 90% of the inventory of my business - stuff that I
needed to sell and pay the supplier for.

Didn't the insurance company pay a claim for all that stuff?

What insurance company?

Auto insurance covers theft of stuff that is attached to the car (stereo &
such) and that's all.

Inland marine, Pat. There's coverage tailored to traveling
salespersons, trunk shows, etc.

Bud

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old December 12th 06, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"William Hamblen" wrote

Inland marine, Pat. There's coverage tailored to traveling
salespersons, trunk shows, etc.

I needed it 19 years ago....

Old December 12th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:07:18 -0600, Pat wrote:

.... they found another rotten tooth dammit ((( and I'm now an additional
$420 in debt with at least another $thousand$ or so worth of repairs needed
to save three teeth that I'd lose otherwise. I hate losing teeth, would
rather be up to my eyeballs in debt than have to get any more yanked out!!

Gracias for all the purrs. I skipped breakfast and lunch, and stomach is
protesting but I won't be able to do anything about it for at least a few
more hours as my tongue is still numb....

epidemic??? I was reading all the bad tooth stories this morning. Having
recently gone through the same trouble, I was very sympathetic. The phone
rang. It was an old friend I haven't talked with in several months. She
called to tell me her mother had been going through misery with an
abscessed tooth. The dentist tried to pull it but the deadening stuff
didn't work and caused her too much pain. So he sent her home to take
antibiotics for a week. After that, he was able to remove the tooth
easily.

Purrs for those suffering with tooth problems. MLB
Old December 12th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Hope it works out for you Pat...purrs headed your way for the teeth and
some extra $$ too...

Old December 12th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"Julie and Sam" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
news92dnWn3oIjHMeDYnZ2dnUVZ_uiknZ2d@centurytel. net...
[...]

My teeth are very sensitive to cold. I use colgate sensitive and that has
complete eliminated the sensitivity.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old December 12th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Pat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote

(Hope you at least have a straw.....)

I got some carrot juice here that I'll try to drink in a while. My jaw feels
like I was in a rumble with Rocky or something!

Drink milk. Chocolate if you can get it. Strawberry is even better. I
drank a lot of milk when I had tonsil problems in my 20s. Milk is the
only solid food you can drink.

And they didn't have strawberry milk back then. (sniff)

Oh. I hate milk, too. Always have, always will, but I was HUNGRY.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

We survived jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 April 9th 06 01:45 AM
We survived jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 April 8th 06 08:15 PM
Survived the weather but many didn't jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 April 8th 06 11:48 AM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 11:46 PM
We've survived so far. OT but WTH you're used to that from me Cap'n Pine Cone esq. Cat anecdotes 51 July 18th 04 09:34 PM