I survived, but...

Old December 12th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default I survived, but...

"Jane" wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote

(Hope you at least have a straw.....)

I got some carrot juice here that I'll try to drink in a while. My jaw
feels
like I was in a rumble with Rocky or something!

Drink milk. Chocolate if you can get it. Strawberry is even better. I
drank a lot of milk when I had tonsil problems in my 20s. Milk is the
only solid food you can drink.

And they didn't have strawberry milk back then. (sniff)

Oh. I hate milk, too. Always have, always will, but I was HUNGRY.

I just turned 61 last week and they had strawberry milk when I was a kid.

BTW, I had my tonsils out younger than most of my friends. When my friends
had their out (everyone seemed to in the fifties) they all told how they got
all the ice cream they could eat while in the hospital. I never got any and
felt so deprived when I heard this later.

Jo

Old December 13th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Jane" wrote

Drink milk. Chocolate if you can get it. Strawberry is even better. I
drank a lot of milk when I had tonsil problems in my 20s. Milk is the
only solid food you can drink.

And they didn't have strawberry milk back then. (sniff)

Oh. I hate milk, too. Always have, always will, but I was HUNGRY.

I could not keep milk down if I was paid ten million dollars to do so.

Old December 13th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jo Firey wrote:
"Jane" wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote

(Hope you at least have a straw.....)

I got some carrot juice here that I'll try to drink in a while. My jaw
feels
like I was in a rumble with Rocky or something!

Drink milk. Chocolate if you can get it. Strawberry is even better. I
drank a lot of milk when I had tonsil problems in my 20s. Milk is the
only solid food you can drink.

And they didn't have strawberry milk back then. (sniff)

Oh. I hate milk, too. Always have, always will, but I was HUNGRY.

I just turned 61 last week and they had strawberry milk when I was a kid.

Oh, I remember the Strawberry Nestle's Quick from the 1960's. I hated
it though. I was an Ovaltine kid.

Sherry

Old December 13th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Pat wrote:
"Jane" wrote

Drink milk. Chocolate if you can get it. Strawberry is even better.
I drank a lot of milk when I had tonsil problems in my 20s. Milk is
the only solid food you can drink.

And they didn't have strawberry milk back then. (sniff)

Oh. I hate milk, too. Always have, always will, but I was HUNGRY.

I could not keep milk down if I was paid ten million dollars to do so.

My great aunt was like that, I can still remember to look on her face when
she watched me drink a pint in one go. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 15th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Pat wrote:

.... they found another rotten tooth dammit ((( and I'm now an additional
$420 in debt with at least another $thousand$ or so worth of repairs needed
to save three teeth that I'd lose otherwise. I hate losing teeth, would
rather be up to my eyeballs in debt than have to get any more yanked out!!

Gracias for all the purrs. I skipped breakfast and lunch, and stomach is
protesting but I won't be able to do anything about it for at least a few
more hours as my tongue is still numb....

I'm so sorry to hear that.
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

We survived jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 April 9th 06 01:45 AM
We survived jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 April 8th 06 08:15 PM
Survived the weather but many didn't jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 April 8th 06 11:48 AM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 11:46 PM
We've survived so far. OT but WTH you're used to that from me Cap'n Pine Cone esq. Cat anecdotes 51 July 18th 04 09:34 PM