Is it love?

Old February 19th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Is it love?

On 2007-02-18 05:09:16 -0600, "tanadashoes" said:
TAK!!!! You were adopted by a kitten? I"m so excited. Please tell
me all about it. Never mind, I'll search the messages. At 5 am I
don't think the 15 minute rule is in effect.

Pam S. thrilled for you

I don't know! I don't see any other messages out there. How cryptic!

No new kitty, but just in general. I can't suppress it, and it's a
relief to say it. I love Betty!

Old February 19th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Awww. It is true. But I was so hoping you had found a friend in need as well.

Old February 19th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Karen wrote:
You know, I have been thinking, Pearl looks at me with this lilting
"love" look. You can see it he

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kchuplis...803225842356/7

Only

she looks even MORE melting at times now. She didn't look at me like
this when I first had her. She really LEARNED to love me. I learned to
love her too. Sugar is always my baby and its just "there", but it is
interesting to realize how you become loved too.

That really is an unmistakable look of love.

Old February 19th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On 2007-02-18 20:35:16 -0600, Takayuki said:
No new kitty, but just in general. I can't suppress it, and it's a
relief to say it. I love Betty!

Awww. It is true. But I was so hoping you had found a friend in need as well.

You've made me think about what's going on, and I have a theory that
there's a particular problem that can happen when you've had one cat:

1. My life is so empty - I would like a kitty to love.
2. What kind of kitty? I want Betty!
3. But Betty is gone.
4. Dejected.
5. Repeat.

It seems like it's possible to keep going around in circles like this
for months. Maybe even years, although that remains to be seen.

Old February 19th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-02-18 20:35:16 -0600, Takayuki said:
No new kitty, but just in general. I can't suppress it, and it's a
relief to say it. I love Betty!

Awww. It is true. But I was so hoping you had found a friend in need as well.

You've made me think about what's going on, and I have a theory that
there's a particular problem that can happen when you've had one cat:

1. My life is so empty - I would like a kitty to love.
2. What kind of kitty? I want Betty!
3. But Betty is gone.
4. Dejected.
5. Repeat.

It seems like it's possible to keep going around in circles like this
for months. Maybe even years, although that remains to be seen.

Well, yes, I believe that is part of the joy of cats and people and
love. No experience is the same, but you would not want the same
experience again exactly. I guess it is hard to see SUCH a great cat
dad (shut up. You ARE a great cat dad) go on alone when there are so
many needy felines. However, I do think it is always wise to get two. I
think you would enjoy and love the interaction and you would be giving
a home to two needy ones.

Check out the two adult toms my brother just adopted. Practically off
the street, not around people a ton, neutered only weeks ago.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...006/mikescats/

Romeo hid in the closet for two weeks, but finally is learning to
trust. Buckwheat took to the good life right away. You could tell new
kitties all about Betty. OK, I'll stop bugging you now. I just hate to
see you alone. No matter what you think, I know that Betty would not
want her daddy pining after her forever.

Old February 19th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

You know, I have been thinking, Pearl looks at me with this lilting
"love" look. You can see it he

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kchuplis...803225842356/7

She's beautiful. And that's definitely a love gaze.

Joyce
Old February 19th 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

Check out the two adult toms my brother just adopted. Practically off
the street, not around people a ton, neutered only weeks ago.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...006/mikescats/

Romeo is so pretty! He looks a bit like Tippy, don't you think, Randy?
They're both cuties - hooray for your brother!

Joyce
Old February 19th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

On 2007-02-18 20:35:16 -0600, Takayuki said:
No new kitty, but just in general. I can't suppress it, and it's a
relief to say it. I love Betty!

Awww. It is true. But I was so hoping you had found a friend in need as
well.

You've made me think about what's going on, and I have a theory that
there's a particular problem that can happen when you've had one cat:

1. My life is so empty - I would like a kitty to love.
2. What kind of kitty? I want Betty!
3. But Betty is gone.
4. Dejected.
5. Repeat.

It seems like it's possible to keep going around in circles like this
for months. Maybe even years, although that remains to be seen.

I do know the feeling. Fortunately Charlie doesn't let me do going around
in circles for too long.

So

1. I need a kitty who loves me.

2. What sort of kitty? I want my Rosie.

3. Rosie is gone. And no two cats are alike.

4. OK I want a little Siamese girl kitten with big ears and a long tail
that loves me to distraction

5. Sadly realize that is Rosie, and Rosie is gone.

6. So lets put it in order what I need. a little girl cat with big ears
and a long tail.
They still have cats like that right?

7. And so we drove many miles to many places, returning late in the day to
a Petsmart far from home where rescue cats were just arriving from even
farther away. One of the first cats into a cage was a small adult calico
girl with very big ears with little tufts on the ends of them. and a very
long tail.

So on the evening before Haloween two years ago we brought Molly home. She
isn't Rosie. But she has her own very special place in our hearts.

Jo

4.

Old February 19th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On 2007-02-18 05:09:16 -0600, "tanadashoes" said:
TAK!!!! You were adopted by a kitten? I"m so excited. Please tell
me all about it. Never mind, I'll search the messages. At 5 am I
don't think the 15 minute rule is in effect.

Pam S. thrilled for you

I don't know! I don't see any other messages out there. How cryptic!

No new kitty, but just in general. I can't suppress it, and it's a
relief to say it. I love Betty!

Purrs for it to continue forever. MLB