Vet Tech Journals : The continuing Saga

Old April 13th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Vet Tech Journals : The continuing Saga

Mischief wrote:
On Apr 12, 9:55 pm, "Billy Colburn" wrote:
XRUKLly outsider wrote in message:

,

Plus whatever happens this will still be a very nice resume entry.

A six week temp job is not something you put on a resume.

--
Billy Colburn

Actually it is in this case, but i highly doubt your puny IQ could
comprehend it.......I've yet to see you contribute anything positive
to this group......

Just killfile the Troll and move on...

And congratulations, Kristi! If nothing else you're nabbing some experience
with those birds

Jill

Old April 13th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Breakfast Stuff (WAS: Vet Tech Journals : The continuing Saga)

Mischief wrote:
Anyway, I need some menu ideas, since I'm short on cash and have
though there is this nice Italian deli nearby that is calling my
name......anyone have some good recipes that could be frozen or good
for someone on the go?? Specifically any good breakfast ideas just
since I'm really bad at getting up in the morning, let alone making
breakfast........any thoughts??

Kristi

I'm a fan of breakfast food If you peruse the frozen food aisle at the
grocery store you'll find you can freeze pretty much any "breakfast foods"
You can easily make your own and freeze them. In the long run it's
cheaper and you (mostly, ha ha!) control the ingredients. I'm making a few
assumptions: (1) you have a microwave, (2) you don't have health or
religious reasons for not eating specific things, (3) you aren't a
vegetarian*

*You can buy vegetarian breakfast "sausage" and perhaps even "bacon"
(Morningstar Farms is a brand I've seen); I cannot vouch for what the stuff
tastes like!

If you like bacon, the pre-cooked bacon (just heat & eat) isn't bad but it
can be pricy. Pre-cooked sausage links and patties have been around
forever. But, in your spare time (!!) you can always buy the real deal and
cook it in batches yourself. I like the (fairly recent development) frozen
(uncooked) buttermilk biscuits. You can pop as few or as many as you want
in the oven, which is a real plus. And there's always English muffins,
so...

.... you could assemble breakfast sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them.
Bake some biscuits or toast some muffins. Let them cool then split them.
Throw on some cooked bacon or sausage (or the vegetarian version thereof), a
slice of cheese and a bit of scrambled egg. Wrap well and freeze. No need
to thaw; when you're ready just pop one or two in the microwave on medium
power 2-3 minutes until heated through.

I gather fruit smoothies are a popular thing for breakfast with some folks.
Me, I just can't take something that cold and sweet in the morning. (In
general, sweets aren't my thing.) Fruit yoghurt, perhaps? EggO toaster
waffles?

Jill

Old April 13th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

Mischief wrote in message:

Anyway, I need some menu ideas, since I'm short on cash and have
though there is this nice Italian deli nearby that is calling my
name......anyone have some good recipes that could be frozen or good
for someone on the go?? Specifically any good breakfast ideas just
since I'm really bad at getting up in the morning, let alone making
breakfast........any thoughts??

Kristi

When I was working I used to make 5 peanut butter sandwiches on Sunday,
freeze them, and each night take one out for the next morning. Then I'd
eat it at work, but you could eat it on your drive in.

Bobble
Old April 13th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

if waffles and pancakes are something you want to eat, they freeze
wonderfully, reheat in microwave or toaster, also, if you make them from
scratch are very inexpensive, I tried to do breakfast sandwiches and they
froze beautifully I used eggs Canadian bacon, not cheap, ff cheese and egg
beaters, also not cheap, if I ever do it again I will make the eggs and
meat, toast the muffins and assemble after frozen, or store in separate
containers having the ability to heat the egg separately first, the
advantage will be not cooking in the morning, Lee
jmcquown wrote in message
. ..

Old April 13th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 12, 4:39*pm, Mischief wrote:
And this only so far is for 6 weeks, to help get their entry techs up
to speed while also working as a tech. *But if I play my cards right
adn things go well, there is the small possibilty this could turn into
a full time position.

Good luck!

and I found out that one of the proficient techs will be leaving in
August for Vet School.....hmmmmmm

Sounds promising

Will keep purring that this job turns out well and becomes permanent
if you like it!

As for breakfast the infamous "Vodka Tony" (resident pub bore in my
local) swears by a large stiff vodka first thing but I don't think
that's a good idea if you're driving! (Although at work at the moment,
I sometimes think it might be a way to start the day!) but in a real
hurry nothing beats yoghurt and fruit for me

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 13th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Mischief wrote:
Wanted to give you all an update in my vet tech life.......

So I lost my job last friday and spend the next day updating and email
out my resume.

I had a line on a website, Vet Staffing services, which is like a temp
agency for vet techs, and I posted my resume

I got a call literally an HOUR later,

YAH-HOOOOOOOOO!!!

Blessed be,
Baha
Congratulations!

Old April 13th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

On Apr 13, 5:05 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Mischief wrote:
[...]

Ooooooooo, i like this idea........... McMuffins to go!

thanks!

Kristi
Old April 14th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Mischief wrote:
Wanted to give you all an update in my vet tech life.......

So I lost my job last friday and spend the next day updating and email
out my resume.

I had a line on a website, Vet Staffing services, which is like a temp
agency for vet techs, and I posted my resume

I got a call literally an HOUR later,

The guy that runs it is a management consultant for veteirnary
clinics, helping clinics reach their fullest potential. And he had
been looking for someone.

There is a clinic out in Westlake Village, (Thousand Oaks, which is
Northwest of LA County). It's very small, only one doctor, and has
been open about 2-3 years.

The doctor has 2 techs that are reasonably proficient, but had a few
entry level techs with no training. And their training protocol was
outdated.

they needed someone skilled to not only help them as a skilled tech
but to help train their entry level techs AND receptionists in basic
skills.

And the management consultant had been looking feverishly for an ideal
candidate.....

and then my resume crossed his desk.......

I went in for an interview with the consuntant on Monday and was sent
out to Westlake the same day.

I'm going to be there 3 days a week, not only being a vet tech, but
training the employees and helping them rewrite their training
protocol.

I jumped right in and so far have impressed the employees and the
doctor with my ability to not only know what I'm doing without
excessive explanatoin, but ALSO have some skills to show them.

They only recently have started using their digital dental x-
ray....Well at the last place not only was I trained, but got to the
point where Dr. S could say, "Okay shoot xrays of those suspcious
teeth and come get me when you're done." It's the same program and
though I'm not an expert, I know more than the average tech and can
get what is needed.

Oh and this doctor also sees exotics, which I have no training in, but
because I'm already trained in general, to doctor had no problem
yesterday teaching me how to tube feed a cockatiel or have me restrain
a Macaw. (BTW, those huge birds can be INTIMIDATING!)

It's only a few days a week, so about half the hours, but pays 1 extra
dollar an hour than the last place (so small pay increase)

And this only so far is for 6 weeks, to help get their entry techs up
to speed while also working as a tech. But if I play my cards right
adn things go well, there is the small possibilty this could turn into
a full time position.

and I found out that one of the proficient techs will be leaving in
August for Vet School.....hmmmmmm

The only drawback to this place is the location. It's a good 25 miles
by freeway on the 101, which isn't a great freeway at times.

But aside from that, the doctor has seemed to have put a lot of trust
in me so it is very promising.......

Thanks for all the purrs and I'll keep you updated.....

Kristi

Congratulations on the job, Kristi. If you don't mind, we'll continue
the purrs that it works out well for you.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 14th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

jmcquown wrote:
Mischief wrote:
Anyway, I need some menu ideas, since I'm short on cash and have
though there is this nice Italian deli nearby that is calling my
name......anyone have some good recipes that could be frozen or good
for someone on the go?? Specifically any good breakfast ideas just
since I'm really bad at getting up in the morning, let alone making
breakfast........any thoughts??

Kristi

Oatmeal, sprinkled with some bran, and supplemented by frozen
blueberries or other fruit - with molasses on top. Healthy, cheap, and
yummy. You can make a bunch in the microwave and then stick in a
contained in the freezer. Heat up and, voila, yummy hot breakfast!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old April 14th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I was also thinking if you went and got the stuff for breakfast casserole,
which can be as cheap or pricey as you want, made a couple of versions, let
it cool and froze it it would reheat nicely...

butter the baking pan, layer bread in the bottom, butter it if you like or
spray with olive oil. then layer in meat, mushrooms, onions, left over
vegetables, peppers, sausage or hamburger you cooked or bacon you cooked
and crumbled up then a layer of cheese, then another bread, repeat, if the
pan is deep enough, then beat eggs and pour over, let sit overnight in
refrigerator, bake at 325/350 until eggs are firm, allow too cool cut and
freeze,, Lee