Read the previous post

Old May 20th 04, 03:00 PM
Bridget

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Bridget wrote:

What a stitch. I have been locked up with people who are saner than
this guy. The post really isn't what it appears from the subject
heading. It is the delusions of someone who isn't on their medication
at the moment. I'm not saying to laugh at the guy, but it is an
incredible insight into just what the mind can imagine. And, yes, I do
believe the guy is for real. I met a few too many like him in the psych
unit over the years.

I take it you are referring to the "Republicans are traitors" thread
started by Mr. Stollman. I know the incident he mentioned actually
happened - it made the evening news at the time - but is this really the
guy? He certainly sounds as though he needs SOME sort of care -
medication or psychiatry or SOMETHING!

Yeah, that was kind of my thought. There are some who sound like real
trolls, but this guy sounds like he really believes what he is saying.
I've never been in that particular place, but I do know people who have
been, and I can't imagine what his life must be like.

Bridget

Old May 21st 04, 01:38 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:33:02 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
yodeled:

GraceCat wrote:

Bridget dear... You know I love you. And as a good friend I feel
comfortable asking this.

What in the hell are you talking about?

Grace
missed a post somewhere

Grace, she started a new thread, but go to th initial post with the
title "REPUBLICANS ARE TRAITORS", and all will be made clear. (Well,
actually not, but you'll see what she's talking about.)

She just may not have the posting. I don't. That's what I call an
"intelligent newsreader."

Indeed! It's showed up on ALL my newsgroups - the OP wanted to be sure
he was noticed.

Theresa

Old May 21st 04, 01:46 AM

Bridget wrote:

[...]

Very true - whether or not his fears are "real", they're certainly real
to HIM. (And "reality" itself is only what each of us perceives it to
be - fortunately most of us seem to perceive the same one.) I'm in the
midst of reading one of John Brunner's thought-provoking science-fiction
novels - "Quicksand" - which deals with the concept of different
"realities". Intriguing!

Old May 23rd 04, 10:09 PM
polonca12000

So very sorry to hear about your friend, Tak. What a tragedy to die so
young.
Hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Definitely crazy. If he's prescribed something, I hope he's taking
it. He seems to be a fairly intelligent person, but then, Theodore
Kaczynski was a math professor, and Bobby Fischer thinks that the
Holocaust never happened.

I had a wonderful friend who was like this. He loved animals - he had
a menagerie, and I gave him my tarantula when I moved. He was a
talented artist, had a huge heart, and was the best friend a person
could have. He had some strange ideas and funny theories about aliens
and such, but he was actually the more level-headed of the two of us.

In 2001, he died at age 27 of hypothermia while sleeping under a
bridge:

http://web.insidevc.com/archives/012...a/359996.shtml

My ex-girlfriend and I were the only people from his school who
attended his funeral. Some other people I tried to recruit were
saddened, but still too young to want to acknowledge that one of us
could die.

So to this day, if people think they need to pull out their fillings
to avoid monitoring by the CIA, or are white supermacist, or whatever,
I may poke fun at them, but I'm cool with it.